RE: What kind of coffee maker do you have?

My Cooks combo Coffee/Espresso maker has quit on the coffee side, so I am back to my 12 cup Cooks for regular coffee. The espresso side of the combo still works and I have to keep using it until I find a new nozzle for my Hamilton Beach which is a discontinued part. I have been scouring the thrift shops looking for the same model just for the nozzle. No luck yet. I hate to invest in a new machine when the machine itself works fine. I would not, however, recommend getting a combo machine as it comes to ditching it because half doesn't work. Life is sometimes rough.

This post was edited

My wife and I just got a Black and Decker coffee maker so far we love it. as for the coffee it self we are not picky we will drink most any of it as long as it is good. and drinking it in the nude is the best way to have it in the morning. we love it

This post was edited

I have a Keurig coffee maker. Very convenient with one cup at a time.

This post was edited

Currently using a Mr. Coffee. I think the water you use affects the flavor more than the coffee maker.

This post was edited

Here lately I have been using an Aerobee. It is like a french press but is open at both ends. Clean up is fast and that is important on a boat. One end has a filter. When you are done you just take the screen cover off and pop the grounds in the trash. Great taste andcompact.

This post was edited

We use a Keurig. We love it! My favorite brew is the 8 O'Clock "The Original" with International Delight Cold Stone Creamery "Sweet Cream" creamer. The creamer is amazing!

This post was edited

I have tried several brands of drip/filter coffee makers over the years, and a few years ago I came across one of those big Bunn restaurant machines that makes 12 cups at a time (but is not good making less than that). The main reason I got that one was because it was only $5 at a thrift store! They obviously had no idea what it was really worth, and it was in pristine condition. Problem is, we end up tossing a lot of the brew because it makes far too much.

But my 2018 New Year present to my partner and I is a new K200-Plus Keurig machine, and it has been excellent so far. We use refillable K-cups (the official Keurig ones) and still grind fresh coffee from medium-dark-roast fair trade beans. I must admit that the McDonalds compostable pods of McCafe Premium are really delicious too, but quite expensive compared with our own grind. The Keurig eliminates wasted brew and uses a lot less energy. Happy campers!

This post was edited

I have a cold brewed system that takes out most (about 70% of the acid) and enhances the flavor. Of course if you add a flavor to your cream you'll miss the benefit.

The coffee grounds sit for 12 hours overnight on the counter in water and the next day I filter it and have a concentrated coffee extract that I then will mix with the appropriate amount of hot water to make my coffee. I've been making my coffee this way for years and feel cheated when I have to drink coffee made a different way.
David

This post was edited

We have a new Keurig and put our old one in the motorhome. Since I'm the only one that drinks hot drinks in the morning, on a regular basis, it works for us because I'm not brewing a full pot of coffee and only drinking one or two cups. Occasionally, my wife will have some hot tea.

Our current Keurig can make a 5 cup carafe of coffee using larger pods. I've not used the reusable pod. I bought one and it doesn't work with our Keurig. I prefer to use the pods and try different blends of coffee anyway. If the crowd calls for it, I pull out our Mr. Coffee and the ground coffee out of the refrig and make 10-12 cups at a time and that works.

Only downside is our annual trip to Death Valley with the boys. The line outside my motorhome with the guys and their coffee mugs is 5-6 deep sometimes! That Keurig only makes on cup at a time. I won't take our new one on this trip. I'm thinking of just getting up earlier and brewing cups of coffee and filling a carafe and getting a head start on the line of moochers! :DDD

This post was edited

I have a Kenmore 12 cup coffee maker and load it with Folgers Classic Roast coffee. I usually drink most of the coffee before beginning the day, and don't drink anymore the rest of the day.

This post was edited