Why Hike Naked

just a quick note, to say thank you, for sharing your reasons to hike naked.
personally, I've not had the opportunity to do a real 5+ mile naked stroll. but i'd sure like to make it happen this year.

This topic was edited
RE:Why Hike Naked

Last year at this time, we had the opportunity but the weather didn't cooperate. The cool weather did bring out more hikers though and that would have been a little tricky to hike naked but when we returned home, I found a friend here that does nude hikes out where we were and we should have headed that way instead.

Walking/hiking in nature, on trails and doing so naked is just so natural and the way it should be. The freedom of being nude and the freedom of nature compliment each other the way it should be. I think that's why my wife enjoys the nude hiking at a club about 2 hours away. Now ... if I can only convince her to camp there for a few days .... :D

This post was edited

Finding the long hikes is not too hard. It is usually the trailhead and the first mile that will have the most potential conflicts with the textile-clad. After the snow melts this year, I think I will be less focused on distance and more on just spending time exploring and experiencing the wilderness naked, avoiding trails altogether, which pretty well slows you down.

This post was edited

Not that I have much experience with long nude hikes, but it seems to me that there is safety in numbers. A lone male will not be as well accepted by textiles accidentally encountered than a couple would. A group would likely be more accepted than just a couple, especially if that group is mixed in gender.

If you have friends that will hike with you, I recommend that you take them. Go as a group, or a couple. Company is better anyway, unless your goal is a quiet, personal connection with nature. It's easier to get the solitude than the group, so I'd go with the group when/if you can get it.

This post was edited

This is how I got interested in nudism. I find that I enjoy being nude in the outdoors but the hiking is something to do. Rather than just sunbathing. The sun, wind, and coolness of the shade is the best part of nude hiking. I do agree that a couple would be better recieved. The only thing I dont like is that I am hyper aware of every corner for other hikers when I am alone. One time me and the wife hiked nude and came across a lone male hiker. He was an older gentleman and he just laughed and told us to enjoy ourselves. It probably would have been a lot different if I were by myself. Funny thing was is that the hiker was wearing only what looked like bike shorts. So he was practically nude himself. Funny how a thin pair of shorts made the difference.

This post was edited

I hike naked for the oneness around me. I feel much more comfortable. The first few times the breeze being felt all over was awesome. Still is, but now it's more natural. Deep creek is great with no offense to anybody because it is a known nude location. A trip to kitchen falls was different. It is in the anza Borrego lands which are ok with nudity. Rangers only ask that you cover near public group areas. Once on the trail after the start where a few kids were, it was ok to loose the shorts. I look for water spots as destination on my hikes. 2 1/2 miles out to water. Sunning and dipping were great. On the way back nude all the way. Met 14 PCT hikers strung out on the trip. One lady cover her eyes. She said I might be embarrassed. I told her no. Then we both laughed. One other commented that I must love nature (I do). This was as a single hiker. I do.prefer company when I can.
So again, I feel more relaxed and the sun feels great.

This post was edited