Difference in neighbors

On one side, a few houses down, I have a neighbor that I talk to when I see him out. The running joke is that the neighborhood doesn't believe we own a shirt. If they only knew how I would prefer to be "dressed " when I am walking the dogs.
On the other side, again a few houses down, I have a neighbor that I recently started talking to. The other day he suggested that I should put a shirt on. He again said something about me being shirtless yesterday when I was mowing the lawn.
I remember a time when, during the summer months, a guy would not be caught with a shirt on. Playing basketball, shits vs. skins, it was almost a fight to be skins. Now I have this guy suggesting that I should wear a shirt while working outside. At other times I have heard other comments suggesting that a guy should put a shirt on. I don't get it. I see guys working, running, etc. all wearing shirts. In the back of my mind, I'm saying "be happy I'm wearing shorts!"

This topic was edited
RE:Difference in neighbors

... an update on our next door neighbor ...

The other night, we attended a Holiday Party at a local winery where we are wine club members. Dinner, music, socializing with close friends and of course, drinking some great local wine. Our next door neighbors are members of this wine club as well and were in attendance with some of their friends. I got up to get my wife her dessert and "she" noticed me and began waving her hands and arms as to me as if I was her long lost best friend. I waved back and thought ... "I need to go over and say hello." As I approached her, she gave me a big hug and asked how we were and where my wife was. We talked for a bit and the subject of our upcoming trip to Italy came up. They'd just returned and said, "we need to get together to talk about what to do and where to go!" I'm just amazed that she was so ... friendly. I returned to our table and told my wife that she needed to go say hello. My wife did and got a big hug as well. It shouldn't come as a surprise but it is because she isn't really that friendly to us .... must be that GOOD local WINE! :DDD

This post was edited

Best thing I did was bring it up to my nextdoor neighbor , it was throught a text but I was tired of sneeking around turned out they were cool about and now I get to relax in my backyard and it seems we get along better as well

This post was edited

I use to live in an apartment. Since I don't really care for air conditioning I sometimes left the front and back doors open in addition to the Windows. Of course I stayed nude as much as possible. I have been seen nude by a couple of the neighbors. They told me that they didn't mind and that I should be comfortable at home. I would stay nude when they stopped by with no problems.

This post was edited

I've posted this incident twice now so I'll be very brief.

Our older female neighbor across the street saw me naked yesterday. I was bringing in the trash bins from the side walkway, an area where I'm usually well protected from being seen nude. The neighbor was on her balcony and after seeing me naked while bringing in the first bin, she remained there on the balcony, talked with me a little and then waved and smiled as I closed the gate, completely exposed.

It's nice to have neighbors that can accept simple nudity and not get upset or offended by it in everyday situations, such as this one or many other situations where we were just living nude and we seen. Great to have accepting neighbors.

This post was edited

that was a really nice experience for you! probably rare for most nudists in our part of the world.
a side thought: I hope you will or have taken the opportunity (fully clothed) to tell that neighbor that you appreciate having her as a neighbor.

This post was edited

We keep our blinds open most of the time and don't try to hide it. Our backyard is completely private, so no one can really see back there. Lately though, I have been taking the trash out or grabbing the mail nude. No one lives in the house across the street from us (people are there from time to time keeping it up, but no one lives there full time), and our street is pretty quiet, so not sure if anyone has seen me or us or not. Not real worried about it though. We'll keep living how we want to live.

This post was edited

We keep our blinds open most of the time and don't try to hide it. Our backyard is completely private, so no one can really see back there. Lately though, I have been taking the trash out or grabbing the mail nude. No one lives in the house across the street from us (people are there from time to time keeping it up, but no one lives there full time), and our street is pretty quiet, so not sure if anyone has seen me or us or not. Not real worried about it though. We'll keep living how we want to live.

Again, this is how we live and hope ... or it seems that our neighbors feel, that those that might see us feel we are just going about our life normally and are not being exhibitionists. When you live nude as much as possible and have done so for over 4 decades, it's easy to go about doing normal everyday things, while nude, and possibly be seen by others. This is what we hope our neighbors have come to realize, that we are not exposing ourselves on purpose or to get a thrill, but just living as we do and not making a big deal out of incidental sightings or glimpses.

We had the blinds and windows open in the office all day from 7 am to about 6 pm. It was almost like being naked out on the porch in broad daylight. My wife went out to the sidewalk to ensure no one could see in. I tried to convince her that we'd done that already but she wanted to make sure. She said that she could see movement and saw me get up and walk out of the room but could not make out whether or not I had clothes on. ;D

This post was edited

My biggest surprise was my neighbor across the street . I live on a dead end street and most morning I steep out to grab my morning paper this one morning the carrier missed my porch and it ended up on the far side in the grass I thought I was clear so I ran out down the steps and to the other side to grab my paper , when I grab it I looked and there was my neighbor getting hers nothing to do I said morning she had been looking at me she said hi back and said she hated when they missed the porch

This post was edited

We love our home but... it is a track home and we are surrounded by two story houses in the backyard. And those houses are filled with elementary & jr high school children. So, it doesnt matter if the adults are tolerant or not, we dont want to be caught by any of the kids. We generally go out really early on the weekend mornings to enjoy our coffee/Hot chocolate the rising sun, a breeze or two and little conversation. And of course after dark we are free to walk about the back patio and enjoy the hot tub (with the lights off though). However, its hard to tell anymore what kind of people your neighbors are. I know most days we are off early to work and generally home as its getting dark. Most people, at least here, are in their car when they pull out of the garage and close the garage door before they are even out of their car yet when they return. Parents with kids are off on the weekends to baseball and football practice, scouts, school functions and such. I can only generally describe the people that live on either side and have never spoken to the homes behind ours in the 6 years weve lived here. Im not sure if that is just the way things are now all over, or if its just us.

This post was edited