RE:Erection Pics

love "just pointing in a different direction"

This post was edited

If I saw a man approaching me with a shot gun I would feel less concerned if he was pointing it down at ground instead of at me.

This post was edited

If I saw a man approaching me with a shot gun I would feel less concerned if he was pointing it down at ground instead of at me.

This post was edited

ERECT PENISES ARE THE DEVIL! No, it's not a line from "Water Boy" but it seems to be the philosophy of many on here.
I thought I'd expound on my past sentiments about the issue. To stiffen up my point of view.

Just be aware of the perception to others. No need to send the wrong message. After all, the intent of this site is to portray nudism as "non sexual" lifestyle. In this environment, sporting your spud is probably not the best way to make an entrance! You're sure to get sliced and diced!

So why is an erection so taboo and the subject of such controversy. Some images could be quite innocent if just capturing a moment in time.
Perhaps as a couple strolls down the beach and the environment causes an unexpected reaction. Normal? Nonsexual? Innocent? You decide.
To see an image like that wouldn't offend me in the least. Just a man in nature being affected by the environment. But!

As the saying goes: "All men are not created equal"! The inevitable would happen if innocent erection pictures were allowed at all!
Some guy would think "Mine is bigger, fatter, longer, shapelier or whatever and have to "one up" (pun intended) the image with his own! It would turn into a Mega "Sausage-Fest" with everything from cocktail weenies to kielbasa! Men are just stupid that way sometimes!

It would be totally out of control! They would need a whole staff of boner police to decide which ones get the "Thumbs Up"! I'm sure there are plenty of people on this sight who would volunteer for the job though! (tongue in cheek).

So the rules are there for a reason. Agree or disagree, without them this site would not be what it is today and I appreciate what the owners do. They try to keep it fair for all the members while still generating enough revenue to keep it active for us to enjoy as a networking platform. I'm sure it's not a simple feat.

So, just do everyone a favor and " keep it under your hat"!

This post was edited
RE: Erection Pics

The previous mods were a bit slack so a lot of older pictures are still up there.
It is the duty of ALL members to flag these legacy erection and other genital pictures to the moderators.

This post was edited

Would it not help if we could flag a photo but not the person? I see quite a few profiles where one or a small segment of photos are not appropriate but in general the other photos are acceptable as is the profile itself. I think it would help if we could do it at the photo level (which I don't see), or else add "Inappropriate photo or photos" as criteria to the four existing profile flags:

User is a fake/spam account
Harassment/Unsolicited Messages
Makes inappropriate comments/discussion
Acting inappropriately in chat room

I hate to hit the user flag when maybe one or a small number of photos are bad, which leads me to believe that the person might not even be aware that one or more photos is questionable or in bad taste.

Kevin

This post was edited

Would it not help if we could flag a photo but not the person? I see quite a few profiles where one or a small segment of photos are not appropriate but in general the other photos are acceptable as is the profile itself. I think it would help if we could do it at the photo level (which I don't see), or else add "Inappropriate photo or photos" as criteria to the four existing profile flags:User is a fake/spam accountHarassment/Unsolicited MessagesMakes inappropriate comments/discussionActing inappropriately in chat roomI hate to hit the user flag when maybe one or a small number of photos are bad, which leads me to believe that the person might not even be aware that one or more photos is questionable or in bad taste.Kevin

You can do it at the photo level, but you have to open the photo first.

The bigger problem is that if a user makes a photo his/her profile photo, there is no way to flag that. You can flag the photo in their media if it's still there, but that won't flag the profile photo a it is held as a separate file.

Another problem is the ability to make a newly uploaded photo your profile photo before it has been approved. That needs to be fixed.

I have also made the recommendation to add an option at the profile flagging level "Inappropriate profile photo", but it hasn't happened yet.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

IF ONLY and that's a big IF.... all the photo mods approved photos the same way, there wouldn't be an "issue" now.

There's tons of photos that "break" the rules on here for posting photos but the powers of TN don't seem to care and don't seem to care enough to fix it.

I've had photos rejected for no reason at all. Yes... NO REASON AT ALL, all the rules were followed! Once I wrote to Team True 2 and requested a reason... all he could quote were the rules. He had no idea why. After several messages, he said I could try to post again.

Just like a thought floated in the chat rooms many times.... moderators should be made to tell users why they are banned or muted. Not just a simple push of a button with (no apparent) reason. Photo mods MUST tell users why photos are rejected. You obviously accepted the job as a photo mod, now do it properly!!

This post was edited

Regarding the ability to report abuse on a photo level I've just found it: your curser has to be on the picture and it's on the bottom of the picture details. From a user perspective I would have expected it to be on the top with the Download, Comments, Views, and Like labels or for it to be a function once you opened the picture.

My bad..

This post was edited

There are an average of 200-600 pics a day being uploaded. It is difficult enough to review all of them without having to give reason for denial. It would take a major software change to add a button that automaticially sent message with reason it was denied.

This post was edited