Online Dating

I am at the age where I finally want to settle down with a life partner. So I have created a profile on a reputable dating website and tried to make it clear that I am a Nudist or Naturist. The trouble is most women I have meet do not understand what it means, I want to be honest with them from the start, but they are unwilling to accept it.

Should I leave it off my profile and then introduce it at a later stage, but this feels wrong to me. But that feels like I am trying to deceive them.

This topic was edited
RE:Online Dating

I hope I never have to use one of these sites!

I'm certain I would do fine if something happened to Di. I'm not looking to replace her, ever. I would probably move into a nudist club or resort and let nature take it's course. If I found someone to date outside the naturist community, she'd know right away what I do and where I live. Nudism is so much a part of who I am that I can not and will not compromise that part of me. I can be okay alone. ;-)

This post was edited

Interesting. I feel like labelling yourself naturist or nudist upfront can be quite confrontational for people who have no experience with it or what that means. Those are loaded terms for people who only have a pop culture idea of what it means to be a nudist. So you are allowing whatever stereotype they have in their head to direct the conversation. So if they think that nudists are ill-natured deviants, you have no chance at meeting them or changing their mind because there will never be a conversation. Like for people who think naturism is a swinger thing... most women will just pass.

This is only my viewpoint, but I think you're better off going on a few dates with whoever... then if you think you actually like them and want to continue dating them you can ask some light hearted probing questions, and you can probably figure out quickly if they're pro-nude or anti-nude. If they seem strongly anti-nude, cut your losses. If they seem open to it you can just engage in lighthearted round about conversation that brings the topic up. "Have you ever posed for an artist?" "I was at Gunisson last weekend..." And just see where it goes. Maybe they've been to a nude beach, but don't think that's what naturism is.

I think the big thing is to not make it sound like a confession (by word choice or tone or context) but just a normal happy way of doing things. If they sense that you are "confessing" they will think there might be impropriety on your part.

When people look at dating profiles they aren't carefully considering each person. They scan quickly and shallowly. You're better off meeting someone who seems cool and controlling the conversation rather than using words that send up what your average person might think is a red flag.

This post was edited

I'm not online dating these days but I've spent a fair share of my past life on dating sites. I've tried both leaving it out and putting it in my profile. I found that leaving it out is a complete time waster. Most women I got to know were gone in a flash if I brought up nudism after getting to know them a little. I found it best to at least mention it in my profile along with many other interests so if it's a deal killer for them, it saves their time as well as mine. And you don't have to make a headline of it. Just list it in your "Interests" section. List something like "TNS, or "Skinny dipping", or "c/o beaches", or something along those lines, along with other interests that have nothing to do with nudism.
You won't get as many contacts or responses as you would otherwise but at least the ones you get won't freak out and run when you finally do bring up nudism in conversation. In fact you just may get a response or two from women who are curious about it and want to know more.

This post was edited

I am at the age where I finally want to settle down with a life partner. So I have created a profile on a reputable dating website and tried to make it clear that I am a Nudist or Naturist. The trouble is most women I have meet do not understand what it means, I want to be honest with them from the start, but they are unwilling to accept it.Should I leave it off my profile and then introduce it at a later stage, but this feels wrong to me. But that feels like I am trying to deceive them.

You say in Your TN profile that you are "In A Relationship". Have you talked to her about your plan to find someone to "settle down with a life partner" ???

This post was edited

I would say why make it a big thing just see if I like each other . Enjoy the first few months of compete passion a person is ment to be explored . If it going to last you soon know . Imagine when it goes well after a while u can explore more. She will notice u nude more then the average . So she enquiry i.bet it be fine if she likes u .

This post was edited

I feel like #9 is right too. If you're really into each other and just be yourself (and she's cool), chances are she'll be at least open to accepting your way of being.

This post was edited

Nicky in # 8 asked an interesting question. Anyone else wonder about it?

This post was edited

I'll use code words like "I like to go barefoot and sometimes barefoot all over." or "I'm comfortable in my skin."

I've never been asked about either. I have told a few in chat, some say they can't do that, others say they might. The last two I haven't mentioned anything. I will when the time is right.

This post was edited

I have fixed that now, I never noticed it before.

This post was edited

I have fixed that now, I never noticed it before.

He never noticed he was "In a relationship". Now he is single.

This post was edited