RE:Is it Rude Not to Nude?

I think the naked body scares them.Why? Surely they can see you're not carrying a concealed weapon? LOL

Well it certainly wouldn't be concealed anymore. Lol. Sorry. Just had to. You left it wide open for that one. ;-)

This post was edited

The only clothing optional beach I've been to is Apollo Beach. And while it's not just for nudists, there is very little parking there so it does get annoying when they take up those spots when they could be at the next lot over where there is plenty of parking. Some people park at lot 4 and ride bikes to lot f (c/o lot) or walk the mile to get there. I haven't had to do that yet.

This post was edited

I think the naked body scares them.Why? Surely they can see you're not carrying a concealed weapon? LOLWell it certainly wouldn't be concealed anymore. Lol. Sorry. Just had to. You left it wide open for that one. ;-)

Reminds me of a conversation I had a few years ago.
The nudist resort I was staying at had a full bar with a bartender.
By law, he needed to wear clothes while working.
Of course the customers were nude.
He lived in the nearby town.
He told me he had been taking some ribbing from his friends, the bartender and some customers, in his favorite bar in town.
They were always making jokes about him working at a "Nudist Colony". He was really tired of it.
I made a suggestion and he loved it.
The next weekend I was back and so was he.
He told me what happened the next time the "Nudist Colony" jokes started.
He said, "Well at least I know none of my customers are carrying concealed weapons,"
THAT stopped the laughter real fast.

This post was edited

Whats your point?
Clothing optional means exactly that.
Clothing optional.
Whether or not they are wanting to be nude or partially nude or remain clothed is totally up to them.
Whats your argument with clothing optional beaches or resorts.
It gives the couple or the singles the option to slowly ease into being totally nude, if they so wish.
Expecting others to be totally naked at a clothing optional resort or beach, is like expecting all nudists to respect others at those same resorts or beaches.
Its just not ever going to happen.
Its called clothing optional for a very good reason.
It allows others to test the waters at their own pace, just as you all did.

This post was edited

Me too cannot see the point to visit a CO beach and not be naked. This wouldn't bother me much though as long I can be naked.

This post was edited

I suppose it depends on the beach. The one I went to in Maspalomas was a clothing optional beach, however it did have designated areas. Right at the entrance to the beach was clothed, then you have to walk for about 10 minuets down the beach in order to reach the nudist area. It was a huge beach, with plenty of space for textiles and only a small nudist area. There were a few people that walk the length of the beach and pass through the nudist area, which was fine, but occasionally you would get a textile come and bathe in the nudist area, which I did get quite annoyed by, and Admittedly, I just assumed he was a 'Pervert'.

This post was edited

Clothing optional is just that. Anyone has the privilege of being fully clothed or completely naked. My experience has seen just that. Some men were even wearing shirts as well as their shorts. The women wore one and two piece suits, bottoms only, or nothing at all. Can't say I noticed anyone being offended.

This post was edited

I agree that it can be a little annoying. I mean, arent there other beaches, pools, etc. that you can go to and be clothed at? Lol. I stay at a B&B in New Orleans that has a clothing optional pool and many times Im the only one nude at the pool. In the end, as long as we all respect each other, then I really have no problem sharing.

This post was edited

At the CO hot spring we go to, probably about 20 to 40% of the people are nude. My wife judges whether or not she will go nude by the number and type of nudes there where I just strip. I am glad she has the choice because she wouldnt go if nudity was required.

I have heard people that come in groups say it would be awkward being nude around their friends/coworkers. That May be what the group at the beach was experiencing.

Some also get in the water dressed and undress once in the water. Some get dressed before getting out but usually they get comfortable enough to stay nude.

This post was edited

The Textiles will always out number us, They will flock to SEE nude people, but will not join us.

This post was edited