Is it Rude Not to Nude?

Recently I headed down to my local clothing-optional beach, which does involve hiking down an escarpment for half an hour, only to find once I was down there a group of about 12-15 people taking up much of the middle of the beach fully clothed. This lead the few people that were down there enjoying the freedom the beach offers to be squished off to the side. I found myself feeling that there was a very different atmosphere than when I am usually there.
I'm just wondering am I right in thinking that the group should have been more considerate of the main focus of the beach and stripped off or found another place? Or am I being unfair seeing as the designation of the beach is clothing-optional and not nude only?

This topic was edited
RE:Is it Rude Not to Nude?

If the beach is clearly signed as clothing-optional I can't see why everybody was avoiding the clothed contingent.
The traditionally nude beach by the apartment at which we holiday has been invaded by textiles but that does not stop me behaving exactly as I always have done and I never have any adverse reactions.

This post was edited

If it is a CO beach and people want to have cloths on it is their choice and, it wouldn't bother me as long as I could be nude even if I am the only one.

This post was edited

Were there any nude people there? More or less than the textiles?

This post was edited

Were there any nude people there? More or less than the textiles?

less than the textiles and most were solo

This post was edited

Personally, I would have spread out my towel etc. as close to the group of textiles as possible.
I've done this. They tend to move away. I don't know why. I think the naked body scares them.

This post was edited

I think the naked body scares them.

Why? Surely they can see you're not carrying a concealed weapon? LOL

This post was edited

Hmmm, people should do what they're comfortable with and allow the same of others. No one is forcing their way on others and no one is ruining the other's day.

THAT SAID, even though I'm fine with clothed people at CO beaches, deep down it annoys me, lol. I kinda feel like there are so few places to go nude and so many places to wear clothes that that they should be respect nude places. Also, I'm more skeptical of clothed people as being gawkers.

Maybe it's just an opportunity to spread the nudie gospel by leading by example?

This post was edited

Hmmm, people should do what they're comfortable with and allow the same of others. No one is forcing their way on others and no one is ruining the other's day.THAT SAID, even though I'm fine with clothed people at CO beaches, deep down it annoys me, lol. I kinda feel like there are so few places to go nude and so many places to wear clothes that that they should be respect nude places. Also, I'm more skeptical of clothed people as being gawkers.Maybe it's just an opportunity to spread the nudie gospel by leading by example?

I agree. I am however fine with couples or friends where one is nude and the others not, or people wearing less than would be permitted on most beaches, topless women, g strings on either gender, etc.

This post was edited

Hmmm, people should do what they're comfortable with and allow the same of others. No one is forcing their way on others and no one is ruining the other's day.THAT SAID, even though I'm fine with clothed people at CO beaches, deep down it annoys me, lol. I kinda feel like there are so few places to go nude and so many places to wear clothes that that they should be respect nude places. Also, I'm more skeptical of clothed people as being gawkers.Maybe it's just an opportunity to spread the nudie gospel by leading by example?

This is what I am feeling to be honest.

I'm not sure If it was just the size of the group being so large because I don't usually feel this way if its a smaller group. For example there was another couple who came down and because it was only two people it didn't bother me at all. Although I did giggle at the fact that they did the towel dance to get changed :)

This post was edited

A few years ago I would have stayed far away from them. I wasnt comfortable in being nude while others were not. Now I would have set up camp right next to them, stripped down, and then sat there enjoying the sun. If there were others there enjoying the sun like me, I might even go over to them and strike up a conversation.

This post was edited