RE:Working from Home

. So at home I've also gotten rid of all non-essential clothing (as usual!) I'm going to see how many 24/7s I can do!

By "got rid of" does that mean you have thrown the non-essential clothing away, or just stopped wearing it?

This post was edited

It sucks that you're out of a job for now. Hopefully it's not too long. On the bright site it sounds like your taking advantage of every second of being clothes-free! Starting Wednesday I'm working from home. It feels a bit weird but I'm totally taking advantage of it. The only time since noon on Wednesday that I've been clothed is this morning for a video conference.

This post was edited

. So at home I've also gotten rid of all non-essential clothing (as usual!) I'm going to see how many 24/7s I can do!By "got rid of" does that mean you have thrown the non-essential clothing away, or just stopped wearing it?

I wouldn't mind if I tossed them out, as far as my in-home life goes, but in this case I've just tossed them off! - To be made essential only for rare trips out of the home during the shutdown.

This post was edited

Love that your able to good advantage of the time off... Enjoy!

This post was edited

sounds nice that you are able to relax. lets talk -jess

This post was edited

To me, that is the only way to work. Having a laptop allows me to work outside to enjoy the breeze some or in a comfy chair...all in super-casual style ;)

This post was edited

. So at home I've also gotten rid of all non-essential clothing (as usual!) I'm going to see how many 24/7s I can do!By "got rid of" does that mean you have thrown the non-essential clothing away, or just stopped wearing it?I wouldn't mind if I tossed them out, as far as my in-home life goes, but in this case I've just tossed them off! - To be made essential only for rare trips out of the home during the shutdown.

You are at an age when you are close to retirement.
Are you planning to toss out some or even most of your clothing when you do?

This post was edited

While many of us are able to work from home, we ought to give a "Bravo-Zulu" to those who don't have that choice--retailers, health care workers, restaurant employees who are doing pick-up/delivery, and even those who are charging our phones and powering our laptops and streaming our videos: The electric utilities and internet providers.

And remember when the Jews returned to Jerusalem, and rebuilt the walls and gates? It's noteworthy, that the name of the person who rebuilt and rehung the "dung gate" was also given: Malkijah. He repaired and rehung the dung gate. Let's remember our sanitation workers too. The trash collectors, the sewage workers. Their job, while not gloriously romantic, is no less vital than the virologist or epidemiologist.

This post was edited

While many of us are able to work from home, we ought to give a "Bravo-Zulu" to those who don't have that choice--retailers, health care workers, restaurant employees who are doing pick-up/delivery, and even those who are charging our phones and powering our laptops and streaming our videos: The electric utilities and internet providers.And remember when the Jews returned to Jerusalem, and rebuilt the walls and gates? It's noteworthy, that the name of the person who rebuilt and rehung the "dung gate" was also given: Malkijah. He repaired and rehung the dung gate. Let's remember our sanitation workers too. The trash collectors, the sewage workers. Their job, while not gloriously romantic, is no less vital than the virologist or epidemiologist.

Good point.

This post was edited

. So at home I've also gotten rid of all non-essential clothing (as usual!) I'm going to see how many 24/7s I can do!By "got rid of" does that mean you have thrown the non-essential clothing away, or just stopped wearing it?I wouldn't mind if I tossed them out, as far as my in-home life goes, but in this case I've just tossed them off! - To be made essential only for rare trips out of the home during the shutdown.You are at an age when you are close to retirement.Are you planning to toss out some or even most of your clothing when you do?

I really keep very minimalist right now as it is. I have an annual "did I wear it this year" or "is it too old, worn, or out of date" (which, I suppose, could also be asked about me!!!) and I get rid of those items, except for certain formal wear which I (unhappily) have to wear on rare occasion. But retirement is not on the horizon. I own a business which I am dedicated too, but....it's also set up so that, except for certain crunch times, I can say to my manager, "I'm leaving now" and do whatever.

And I do agree! Kudos to the workers who are out there keeping things supplied and safe.

This post was edited