RE:The irony of Speedos...

I wore speedos in high school for diving to try and reduce the splash. Swimmers wore speedos, swim caps and shaved all other body hair in order to gain an extra fraction of a second.

I havent worn them since collage and now wear the baggy board short type when clothing is not optional.

This post was edited

Wore cooltan shorts for snorkelling when on holiday in Vanuatu last year, thought I would see if they worked, I think they did. But I also wore speedo's too and still do when I do swim training and wandering on a public beach. You need to be selective and get a brand that fits right and is not squashy.

This post was edited

Wore cooltan shorts for snorkelling when on holiday in Vanuatu last year, thought I would see if they worked, I think they did. But I also wore speedo's too and still do when I do swim training and wandering on a public beach. You need to be selective and get a brand that fits right and is not squashy.

Have you ever tried Cooltan briefs?

This post was edited

If you have to wear something speedos do at leas dry quickly iff on the beach and don't flap around.

Agree, but Cooltan swim shorts dry even quicker, only flap a little, and don't squash everything.

This post was edited

I fortunately have husband quality control which by the way I do appreciate. If Luann is laughing I know go recheck myself before heading out the door. Even the word Speedo brings a laugh to her pretty face. To each there own but Im not about to have my wife be embarrassed or laugh at me so I just roll out to the swim in the nude. :D

This post was edited

Has anyone tried Cooltan swim briefs?
I would think that the soft lightweight material would minimize the confinement feeling while the brief style provides maximum freedom of leg motion, but would like the opinion of someone who has actually tried them.

This post was edited

I've never owned or worn Speedos.

Own a few pair of Cool Tan Thru swim suits but not briefs. They are the shorter swim shorts. I bought a size larger so they fit looser.

This post was edited

Has anyone tried Cooltan swim briefs?I would think that the soft lightweight material would minimize the confinement feeling while the brief style provides maximum freedom of leg motion, but would like the opinion of someone who has actually tried them.

I've not tried Cooltan swim briefs and the Kiniki ones look wrong on me (or so my wife says) so I wear Kiniki tan-through tangas which, to me, feel the next best thing to naked for swimming.

This post was edited

I've had 4 different Kiniki styles. Tanga and micro seemed too minimal to wear when I couldn't be naked. Full cut brief was too confining. Didn't keep any of them long. Trunks were OK so I kept them until they wore out. Haven't replaced them. Asking about the Cooltan briefs because I considering getting that instead.

This post was edited

I wore speedos in high school for diving to try and reduce the splash. Swimmers wore speedos, swim caps and shaved all other body hair in order to gain an extra fraction of a second.

I dove in high school as well. I found that the speedos didn't protect me if landing wrong in the water so I bought one a little bigger than a speedo but was like a girdle and gave a lot of support for those awkward dives.

This post was edited