The irony of Speedos...

The name makes it seem like it's what you'd wear to swim the fastest, and it makes sense seeing they're tight briefs. But since I stopped wearing them for exercise it seems I'm the fastest swimming naked, not to mention I'm more comfortable.

This topic was edited
RE:The irony of Speedos...

The name makes it seem like it's what you'd wear to swim the fastest, and it makes sense seeing they're tight briefs. But since I stopped wearing them for exercise it seems I'm the fastest swimming naked, not to mention I'm more comfortable.

Same here.

This post was edited

I'm guessing that they're named that way because they make you faster than the old-style swim trunks. I'm not a great swimmer, but even I could feel the drag from those baggy things, especially the ones with the longer legs.

This post was edited

Unless you're being chased by snapping turtles. LOL

This post was edited

I have one pair of Speedos that I used to wear before I had my gut. Now they look kinda ridiculous and I would rather be naked...why do I still have them you ask? Memories of days gone by when I weighed 135...and hopes to get back down to that weight...

Is that the only swimsuit you have?

This post was edited

I'm guessing that they're named that way because they make you faster than the old-style swim trunks. I'm not a great swimmer, but even I could feel the drag from those baggy things, especially the ones with the longer legs.

Plus the baggy ones give me a rash when swimming laps and I only wear them swimming laps. I know they have the ones that are tight fitting shorts but since i own a pair of speedo types already I'm not going to purchase any other in the near future.

This post was edited

I remember speedos - uncomfortable and confining. I was on a high school swim team. Looked silly and since everyone was faster than me I ended up dropping. Much rather just go nude also.

This post was edited

I remember speedos - uncomfortable and confining. I was on a high school swim team. Looked silly and since everyone was faster than me I ended up dropping. Much rather just go nude also.

I used to wear speedos frequently but after I stopped wearing underwear I found that they were too confining,
so I got rid of them. I now
have just one pair of short, lightweight swim shorts for when I can't swim nude. A little more drag but being less constrained is worth it.

This post was edited

Is the tan through swimwear worth buying...or just a waist of money...

Rarely wear it when I am not in the water so I can't say much about the tan through aspect.
Lighter weight and quicker drying so much more comfortable. Kiniki seemed itchy but Cooltan is soft and smooth.

This post was edited

I Used to wear A Speedo when I did a lot of snorkeling when I was younger.
I now prefer my Cooltans. Fast drying and so easy to slip on and off.
I always have a pair handy if I need to walk to the street, for yard work in the front of the house or if an unexpected delivery stops by.
They are so quick and easy to slip on and off.
They are the closest thing to nothing at all.

This post was edited

I Used to wear A Speedo when I did a lot of snorkeling when I was younger.I now prefer my Cooltans. Fast drying and so easy to slip on and off.I always have a pair handy if I need to walk to the street, for yard work in the front of the house or if an unexpected delivery stops by.They are so quick and easy to slip on and off.They are the closest thing to nothing at all.

What style(s) of Cooltans do you have?

This post was edited