RE:The irony of Speedos...

Has anyone tried Cooltan swim briefs?I would think that the soft lightweight material would minimize the confinement feeling while the brief style provides maximum freedom of leg motion, but would like the opinion of someone who has actually tried them.

I bought a pair of cooltan swim shorts. Not what I thought they would be. I like them but just not the material I thought they would be.

This post was edited

It's just a brand name that have become a style over time, no different to zoggs or funky trunks but those names don't have the same panache. Speedos were what Australian life savers wore at the beach, their swim team adopted them and it's gone from there. I wear swim briefs all the time for lap swimming, they are the next best thing to being naked when you can't be. Light and minimal and not hiding much.

This post was edited

It's just a brand name that have become a style over time, no different to zoggs or funky trunks but those names don't have the same panache. Speedos were what Australian life savers wore at the beach, their swim team adopted them and it's gone from there. I wear swim briefs all the time for lap swimming, they are the next best thing to being naked when you can't be. Light and minimal and not hiding much.

Do you have any Cooltan briefs?

This post was edited

Cooltan swim brief arrived yesterday.
Comfortable. Smooth, soft material. Not too confining.
It doesn't have a drawstring.
For anyone that has one, have you ever had trouble with it slipping down during active swimming?

This post was edited

Speedo started selling swimsuits when attitudes were way more conservative than today, and bathing costumes were likely to be made of wool. In comparison they were sleek and brief. (Not too brief, Bondi's swimsuit inspectors may order you off the beach!) I think the original ones were a trunk style while 3" sides were common when I was a kid.

This post was edited

The Cool-Tan and other tan-through fabrics certainly feel more open than conventional fabrics, but nowhere near nude or even fishnet in the breeze or the water.

The big advantage is their quick drying which again is somewhere between nude & conventional fabrics. Tanning is also at some midpoint, so I don't expect to make great progress in that department beneath the fabric. Perhaps if I wore them for longer I'd get three levels of tan: exposed skin, under the fabric and under the elastic. That said, I now generally wear Skinz loose shorts in a mesh fabric on my way to the CO part of the beach and move the band up and down a little periodically.

The visual opaqueness does vary with the pattern. Areolae, nipples and butt cracks may be noticeable on close inspection depending on where the fabric pattern falls. Not sure about the penis as I cannot see myself from the correct angle.

One nice side effect is when emerging from the water in the sunlight, for a moment each of those tiny holes holds water for a spectacular glistening contoured sight. Works best on a one piece of an obliging female.

Finally, the fabric is delicate and is not likely to last as long as other fabrics.

This post was edited