Skinbook has called it quits

Everyone that belonged to skinbook has received this message.
h3"A message to all members of www.theskinbook.net/h3
It is with much regret that I have come to the decision to bring Skinbook to an end.
After
all the effort (and money) we have put into saving the Skinbook
network; the complaining, negativity, abuse and general lack of support
we have recieved from our users has been quite frankly, disgusting... I
am no longer prepared to provide the Skinbook network to any members
past or present.
As much as we have attempted over the past
couple of years to bring together the naturist community and give the
naturist lifestyle a positive public image, the treatment of my team
here at Skinbook has finally made it clear (to myself at least) why this
lifestyle is both fragmented from within and ostracized from without.
What you take this to mean is up to you to speculate individually. For
me this revelation doesn't require an explination, it requires merely a
reaction; my reaction being that from now on I see fit only to completely
distance myself from this lifestyle (from both a philosophical and
physical stand point) and most certainly from ANY medium which serves to
promote it.
Good luck in your quests to find unity within your chosen lifestyle... you need it!
Karl Maddocks
For
the purpose of legal matters we would like to make clear that we retain
all rights to the Skinbook name, logo and any other associated media."
It's sad to see skinbook come to an end.
Yes, I agree with them, the nudist industry is a very difficult industry to make a living in. It is one of those industries where lots of people enjoy it, but are too cheap to support it. The nudist organizations like AANR, BN, and TNS should have 100's of thousands of members, yet they're struggling. Some people brag that they would NEVER pay to stay at a nudist resort because nudist resort owners just want your money, yet they spend $200 a night to stay at a textile hotel close to a "free" nude beach.
And when you operate skinbook as a hobby as those people did, you can easily get burned out because people don't understand it is a hobby not a full time job.
I wish those people that started it good luck. And after a while, I hope their bitterness towards nudism softens.
MC

This topic was edited
RE: Skinbook has called it quits

HMM THAT SOUNDS LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING TO THIS SITE

This post was edited

Wow...that is amazing.

It does make some sense, though. Nudism/naturism has nothing to do with WHAT you do in life, but HOW you do it. You have so many disparate people that are trying to make the site their own. Everyone forgets that you don't do nude for the entire day, you are nude while doing your hobbies or work.

This post was edited

Thank you for sharing that, MaryClaire.It may give everyone here a better understanding of what TT1 is up against.

Jen

This post was edited

Yes, I hope everyone gives the True Nudist administrators here a lot of credit as they deserve it.
MC

This post was edited

I fully appreciate the difficulties now of running such a social networking site after recieving said email. What I can't accept however is the trashing of the lifestyle by someone that was a strong advocate of it, in spite of the losses he sustained. The actions of some bad hats shouldn't have to result in us being punished as a collective. Hopefully Karl's bitterness will subside at some point.

This post was edited

Skinbook was on the Ning network. Read about Ning controversies (removal of networks classed as 'adult', removal of 'free networks') in a wikipedia page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ning_%28website%29 and you will then understand why the Skinbook creator aint a happy chappy anymore. Think I'd do the same!

This post was edited
RE: R.I.P Skinbook

So sad to see Skinbook close. I have lost a great deal of friends there.

This post was edited
so long skinbook

I thought skinbook was great when it first hit the ning network. There were nudists from all over the world and it was nice having all those people to talk with. Despite some drama and inappropriate groups I think the site was a benifit to the nudist community. My problem with skinbook is with the admin. I was one of the casualties of the random ridiculous bannings that suddenly hit skinbook. I know it was a couple of mods and not the admin that did the bans however it was the admin that never reinstated the banned accounts, never responded to emails about getting reinstated, and never responds to requests for creation of a new account. The admin did not start the problem but it did nothing to repair the damage done. This behaivior has lost skinbook the support of countless nudists including myself. I say the issues that skinbook ran into with ning is karma, good bye to bad rubish.

This post was edited
RE: so long skinbook

I thought skinbook was great when it first hit the ning network. There were nudists from all over the world and it was nice having all those people to talk with. Despite some drama and inappropriate groups I think the site was a benifit to the nudist community. My problem with skinbook is with the admin. I was one of the casualties of the random ridiculous bannings that suddenly hit skinbook.
Probably during that spate of bannings, I tried to join and never got any response whatever.
I suppose if nothing else, it speaks to the need for a well run site.

This post was edited
RE: so long skinbook

I was an active member of skinbook at one time, I am sorry to hear that it closed down. I hope the administrator will get over his anger and bitterness though.

This post was edited