RE:Bare Necessities Big Nude Boat scheduled to sail again in Feb 2022

Jersey: This sounds amazing!

This post was edited

Does anyone know why you can be nude in the buffet but not the dining room?I would think that being nude in a buffet could have a greater potential health risk.In fact, I read somewhere of a clothing optional resort when nudity was permitted in the dining room but shorts or swimsuit (bottoms) were required at the buffet?

Its not a health risk thing, it is more of a requirement by the cruise line to have clothed areas where the crew interacts with the guests. 5 of the 6 BN cruises we have been on were with Carnival, and the last textile Carnival cruise we were on the dress code in the dining room was ... suspect. I think the nudists dress nicer in the dining room than what I saw on that last Carnival textile cruise.

This post was edited

I have been on the last 2 nude cruises that Bare Necessities had. Learned from the first one that I was willing to pay extra for a balcony off of our room. I enjoyed sitting there when out to sea. It would be nice to go on the cruise in 2022 bit 14 days is way too long to be away from home and the cost can be prohibitive for some people. I am hoping in 2023 they will be back to a 9-10 day cruise. As far as being dressed for the dining rooms I find that is not a problem. You can be nude in the buffet areas. I am guessing in the big picture the buffet areas will probably not be self serve and they will serve you what you want. Yes I dealt with crowds at times but for the most part I found places that were quiet. My favorite times were when we were at sea. I wish they would have more of those but a lot of people like to go offshore. Yes I would love to go again.

We were planning to skip 2021 (now 2022) due to the length as well and have the exact same hope about mixing the lengths up and having a shorter one again in 2023. Maybe we will see you again if there is a shorter cruise! Sea days and private island stops where interaction with others not on the cruise can be avoided may become more prominent in a post-COVID world, who knows. We've been through several post-Norovirus clampdowns in the buffet where you don't serve yourself and that will probably return in the post-COVID sailings, but it isn't a big problem. The extra cleanup of the seating areas will be a bigger issue for the buffet areas, since seatings aren't controlled like they are in the MDR.

This post was edited

Does anyone know why you can be nude in the buffet but not the dining room?I would think that being nude in a buffet could have a greater potential health risk.In fact, I read somewhere of a clothing optional resort when nudity was permitted in the dining room but shorts or swimsuit (bottoms) were required at the buffet?Its not a health risk thing, it is more of a requirement by the cruise line to have clothed areas where the crew interacts with the guests. 5 of the 6 BN cruises we have been on were with Carnival, and the last textile Carnival cruise we were on the dress code in the dining room was ... suspect. I think the nudists dress nicer in the dining room than what I saw on that last Carnival textile cruise.

Never been on Carnival. Had one cruise on Princess some years ago, relatively formal and enforced.
Two Norwegian. One dining room and most upcharge restaurants required "Smart Casual" in one of the main dining rooms and most upcharge restaurants and enforced it.
One Royal Caribbean. All restaurants except the buffet were supposed to be "Smart Casual" but enforcement was very lax.

This post was edited

yes balcony is the way to go. Not a crowd person here. enjoy being around a few people.

This post was edited

yes balcony is the way to go. Not a crowd person here. enjoy being around a few people.

Balconies on a clothing required cruise are good too.
Gives you a chance for some outdoor nude time.
We took a Norwegian cruise last March, shortly before everything shut down.
When they asked for suggestions at the end, I said one of the two adult only outdoor areas should be clothing optional. Didn't get a response.

This post was edited

yes balcony is the way to go. Not a crowd person here. enjoy being around a few people.Balconies on a clothing required cruise are good too.Gives you a chance for some outdoor nude time.We took a Norwegian cruise last March, shortly before everything shut down.When they asked for suggestions at the end, I said one of the two adult only outdoor areas should be clothing optional. Didn't get a respoce.

We always go balcony on a textile cruise, but inside cabin on a nude cruise. The nude cruises cost more, so this concession keeps the price in line with a textile cruise. Since you can be naked anywhere on the ship, a balcony isn't as important on the nude cruise. And since we know a bunch of the regulars on the nude cruises, we'd rather be out on deck socializing anyway.

This post was edited

I can't speak to why you can't be in the dining room naked since we were last nude cruise in 2017 there certainty were . Formal Dining was mandatory dressed. There were several old men that never left there chair's sitting naked the entire ride in the causal dining room. I can tell you the two cruises we were on there were a lot of grumbling when clothing was required while in port or not in international waters. Rude of me not to pass out hankies. :D

This post was edited

I can say from am observant personalty as I am on a Cruise ship. Big old fat retired foodies to never leave the dining room trough and continually complain. Luann and I have asked ourselves...what is there to complain about on a luxury cruise in the Caribbean??

This post was edited

I can't speak to why you can't be in the dining room naked since we were last nude cruise in 2017 there certainty were . Formal Dining was mandatory dressed. There were several old men that never left there chair's sitting naked the entire ride in the causal dining room. I can tell you the two cruises we were on there were a lot of grumbling when clothing was required while in port or not in international waters. Rude of me not to pass out hankies. :D

It's one of the main reasons we always get a balcony stateroom on all cruises we go on. Since they all have been textile cruises, it's the only place to lay out naked and not get harassed. I think if we ever went on a nude cruise, we'd without a doubt get a balcony room as well. If they told us we couldn't be nude out on any of the main decks, we'd retreat to our balcony room with our friends and have our own nude social gathering there. ;D

This post was edited