Textile friends

Last month, I went to a nude beach for the first time (Gunnison in Sandy Hook, NJ). It was a totally fun, if not life-changing, experience! I've long practiced nudism alone behind closed doors, but my first day at the beach was just incredible, and I think I can finally embrace my identity as a nudist.
So great was my experience, in fact, that I told some of my friends about it. Some were a bit embarrassed by the subject. Others commended my bravery. And a couple were intrigued and asked several questions. But even the supportive ones seemed a little skittish.
I'm planning to go back to Gunnison next summer, and next time, I'd really like to bring a friend or two with me. However, my friends are not nudists. I have never seen them nude, nor have they seen me. I don't know if they would be open to the idea of doing something like that, or if they would be embarrassed or think it strange if I asked them.
Should I invite them to come with me next time I go to Gunnison? Or am I better off going by myself? And if I do ask them, how do I approach the subject? I'd really, really like for them to come, but I don't want to creep them out either!

This topic was edited
RE: Textile friends

You might ask them how they feel about skinnydipping. You might also mention you don't like tanlines. But, why wait till next year...you have PennSylvan, a nudist park that has an indoor pool and is open all year long.

Welcome to this site.

This post was edited

You've already gotten a pretty good read on what your friends think. Just ask the ones that seemed interested and asked questions. Cheri haad a good idea about PennSylvan. A club is also a good place because of the protected environment. Call ahead and ask what their policies are and then ask a couple of friends. These days many people act grossed out by nudity, but I think many secretly want to try it.

Terry

This post was edited
Re:Textile friends

Ask your friends if they would like to go, the worst thing they could say is "No".....

This post was edited

invite them by telling them you are going to the nude beach and if they are hesitant tell them they can wear their swimsuits when they get there and get relaxed they may join you in their b'day suits..

This post was edited

Well, I asked a couple friends (carefully selected, of course) and got positive reactions! One said he just lacked the courage and respectfully declined, but said it was cool that I was a nudist and encouraged me to keep it up. Friend #2 said he'd totally be down to go and bare all, and he wants to come along to Gunnison next summer!
Guess I had nothing to worry about.

This post was edited

Glad that it wentwell for you. I too want to recruit existing friends to enjoy nude get togethers or activities but dont feel any would go for it.my first convert needs to be the wife tho, and then would love to have other couples, that we know, join us. I just identify with being a nudist to the point that i am unconcerned what anyone else thinks of me for it (very freeing and powerful experience to feel finally, at 50 y.o.)and i want others to jump in and join me and see what they are missing. i dont bring it up much tho so as to not make others feel uncomfortable with it.I look forward to slowly letting frinds know about my proclivity for nudism, as it fits comfortably into conversation and seeing if there are any positive reactions. that, in itself is exciting to look forward to. Good luck.

This post was edited