RE:Straight Nudist and Gay Nudist Friendships??

I can only think that most folks who are into a nudist lifestyle are perhaps a bit more open to new experiences but realize that isn't always the case.
As a gay man I have many straight guys here contacting me. Perhaps online guys are more free to question and express themselves than in person. Many straight guys have Bi interests and it's always a good conversation and has led to some good times together. On the other hand some straight guys won't even speak to gay men which is kind of funny/sad as there's no reason to believe that we're going to jump through the internet to get all over you, just because someone is gay doesn't mean he's sexually voracious.
I have been in many nude yoga, social, and other groups with straight men and it's about being nude, having no barriers and totally open to a shared purpose, not sexual in the least.
I've also been in nude groups with straight guys where we have all masturbated together ( individually, no contact, led by a facilitator) and it was a really hot and satisfying experience hearing and seeing a group of guys pleasure themselves and feed off the energy that creates.
So basically there's a wide range of what straight and gay guys do together, it depends on what someone is looking for and the intent. Mostly, I think guys should be enjoying their nudity however they feel comfortable expressing it and without trying to label themselves or others when the only thing that is important is communication between people.

This post was edited
RE: Straight Nudist and Gay Nudist Friendships??

I have several friends who are either gay, bi or straight. We can be naked around each other without any issues. Nudity is not to be confused with sex or a person's sexual identity.

This post was edited
RE: Straight Nudist and Gay Nudist Friendships??

There's a nice bonding with men being men around other men that's more primal than sexual orientation. Different men, different behaviors from right vs. left ass wiping to gay vs. straight relationships. The labels are just like clothes on a warm day with no one around - off with them.

This post was edited

Most of my male friends are gay nudists.

I honestly don't see how their sexual preferences have anything to do with it.

This post was edited

All nice replies to this topic. I do hope to make some straight nudist male friends to have another perspective on life:)

This post was edited

When I joined the nudist community, it was for the freedom and togetherness of all that enjoyed the same thing. As a nudist it is not a sexual issue, it is being open and excepting all individuals as friends. I would love to have more naked friends, no matter if they were gay or straight. I have learn that most nudist tend to be more private about their nudist lifestyle and finding someone to share it with is hard to over come when making a friend.

This post was edited

Interesting how the question was put. Would have it mattered if it was worded Gay having Straight nudist friendships? I don't get why there as to be a certain label placed on each guy when it's all about been free of clothing. You have to also take into account the intentions of the friendship. There was the comment posted of those on TN making remarks about guys dicks and butts. I to don't get why comment on those two parts, what about other body parts. The whole idea of giving a guy a compliment on his dick of which he didn't have say how it would be, really makes no sense in the aspect of nudism. It's more of a personal preference than actually nudism itself. Now back to the question, I can say it really should not matter but it does to some individuals. I am a group leader for a social nudism all men group. We started small just a few of us but over two years we've grown to 52 guys. We range from straight to gay and everything in between,, age ranged 22 to 76. I have learned that it's a certain type of guy that fits into the aspect of social nudism, not his sexual orientation. Individuals wishing to join the group, have to state why they want to join, then go thru a face to face 'interview'. There is discussion about sexual situations and how they would deal with those situations if it happen to them at a group event. It is clearly spelled out in the group's mission statement what social nudism is. Individuals have to reframe from situations that will cause arrousal of others. Thru the process, many guys can not state that they will reframe from sexual situations, and it comes from those who claim the are straight and bi and gay. Now I can't agree with a straight guy saying he doesn't mind some 'fun' now and then with a guy. That's not straight in my book or the groups purpose. I've also talked to straight guys that won't even consider joining the group, after reading the groups mission statement, they say "all men group, there has to be sex and I'm not gay". They are as close minded as those that say been nude means having some 'fun', if not why get together. Some guys, those married females or guys, and those single, have pushed the limits to get away with something at a group gathering but usually someone speaks up and those guys then realize they broke the code of conduct of the group, which they agreed to both verbal and in writing, and realize they are no longer part of the group. It is all about the intentions of your friendship or relationship you have with another guy, and their sexual orientation is not part of why you have the friendship or relationship with him. In closing my comment, I had a friendship with a gay man for over 12 years. First time we set eyes on each other was at a Korean nude spa and our friendship developed to a point that we respected our differences and enjoyed our common interest of nudism. He was the only guy that I could travel with alone as wife would not agree to other trips with guys I would meet until I started the group. But the friendship was a relationship that we never cross that line of anything sexual between us. He would go do his thing and I would do my thing when we travelled but we always meet for dinner and talked about what we did. I learned a lot about gay life, and he educated me on that which has helped with how I focus on guys requesting to join the group. He passed away a few months ago, at the spa we meet at, he sat down on a chair, fell asleep and never woke up. But he was one that supported me about the group and was always curious about how the group was going. He wouldn't join the group for reasons I won't say but he was always amazed when I'd say, another guy joined. He did meet a few and he would later comment that guy seem true to social nudism but he would be willing to help him see the 'other side'. He never would do that but it was to tease me. If you are true to nudism, then you will find those that are like minded . It does take time and effort. The reward is that you'll have a great nudism life sharing time been yourself without having to consider if you measure up to another guy's needs but only the freedom that nudism brings.

This post was edited

Most of my male friends are gay nudists.I honestly don't see how their sexual preferences have anything to do with it.

I don't either.

This post was edited

Good question; and here's my idea of nudist gay friends.
I've been a part of TN a long time. The first step is to separate nudity from sex. You can have nudity without sex, and sex without nudity. However, nudity without sex is way more fun or more comfortable than sex without nudity.
Sex is not my agenda here and I stick pretty solid to my word. So, a question to ask is, " If you are not going to have sex; what difference does one's orientation make to your friendship?"
Keep that in mind and use a little caution. There are some amazing people on TN that are gay and I am happy to have them as my friends.

This post was edited

Some great discussions and view points in here. Im just happy to able to have nude friends, regardless of what they enjoy in bed. There are so many labels out there that I feel should be left at the door when it comes to being a nudist - the sexual side shouldnt be a part of it.

This post was edited