Grooming Standards and Expectations

I'm curious to how you groom and maintain any pubic hair. And to follow up with it, do you groom the way you do because of how society perceives it or because of your own preferences?

This topic was edited
RE:Grooming Standards and Expectations

I started removing hair quite a long time ago. And I was feeling better without so much hair. Shower, perspiration, etc...

Now, I am shaving my armpits, and around my genitals too. It's regularly I am removing hair in these areas. I don't like it anymore.

Why did I start ? I don't recall really. Mayne because of some society influence. But today, it's only personal. And I am not attending so much naturist places. Almost none. So it's not like it was to show myself to others. Just personal preference today.

This post was edited

I prefer fully grown out for both me and my wife. Might not be the norm, but it's what I like.

This post was edited

I just leave it alone.

This post was edited

I don't live anywhere where I can be nude outside of my home or the locker room at the rec. center, so the society perception doesn't matter.
I started shaving my pubic hair after my third child was born. My wife and I had decided no more kids. The procedure for me was cheaper and didn't require a hospital stay, so it was selected. The night before you need to shave. I really enjoyed being shaved. I didn't realize how often my hair was catching my foreskin and underwear. Then I would be uncomfortable until I resituated things. I didn't realize how much I was doing that until my wife also noticed that I was 'grabbing myself' less often.

This post was edited

Had to chuckle at this one a bit.. Grooming Standards and Expectations?? To my knowledge they don't exist. Be you.. If you like to shave or not that is up to you. If your pub hair is long enough, part it , braid it, get a perm ( well that is probably not a wise idea ). The point is do what makes you happy.

This post was edited

Agreed.. There does seem to be a lot of unnecessary anxiety about it. There are tons of topics on the subject. However this one was amusing to me. Never heard it asked quite this way before.

This post was edited

I don't live anywhere where I can be nude outside of my home or the locker room at the rec. center, so the society perception doesn't matter.I started shaving my pubic hair after my third child was born. My wife and I had decided no more kids. The procedure for me was cheaper and didn't require a hospital stay, so it was selected. The night before you need to shave. I really enjoyed being shaved. I didn't realize how often my hair was catching my foreskin and underwear. Then I would be uncomfortable until I resituated things. I didn't realize how much I was doing that until my wife also noticed that I was 'grabbing myself' less often.

I don't shave at all, & most of my friends are the same way. It's what I prefer. Yet if a friend wants to be smooth, go 4 it

This post was edited

Don't shave but trim most all my body hair that I can reach. No 2 inch chest hair for me. Don't trim all the time, but fairly regularly. If you are going nude in public it is the decent thing to do.
You groom to go to work. Why not do same to go to nude beach?
While body hair (and particularly pubic hair) looks okay on a young guy, it does not look good on an older nudist.
Again, if you are going nude in public put your best foot forward.

This post was edited

I don't do it for anyone except myself. I think I started as my choice of swimbriefs started getting smaller. I didn't want any overflow beyond the edges, and found I liked the 'finer' look I achieved by plucking the longer thicker hairs and leaving only the shorter thinner ones to blend in with my body. Soon after the rest of my body got the thinning treatment with a #2 or #3 trimmer: as short as possible without looking obviously trimmed. Not bare, but not thick. I seem to need less sunscreen, too.

I've kept that up for many years as I'm happy with the result, it's easy to achieve and if I neglect it for a while it's not obvious (and no stubble - I'd hate stubble!).

Others may do as they please. Hairless looks good, especially when oiled, but trimmed or natural is fine too. More important to be enjoying your time, no matter how you present!

This post was edited

It's whatever you want it to be.

In the beginning of our nudist journey, my wife noticed that the majority of nudist women were shaven; so she got the notion that she should be shaven too in order to "fit in." Even though she didn't enjoy the process to "get there" very much. Eventually she realized she didn't need to be totally smooth to blend in, so she settled on a simple and easy trim. And sometimes she forgets to do that before heading out to the resort; which is not an issue either.
It makes me wonder how many nudist women (or men) shave because they feel they are expected to be hairless.

I shave simply because at this point I am just used to it. But yeah...it actually does not matter at all.

This post was edited