Postings Removed

Given that My American Flag avatar and post was removed with no explanation, it has come to the point where the Arizona politicians need to get involved and contact the suburban Phoenix Arizona office where TN is located to personally ask why a symbol such as the American Flag is so offensive that it is being removed by and from a Phoenix Arizona based website!

This topic was edited
RE:Postings Removed

Hey Sunluver101 I have no clue what you're talking about but feel free to re upload. Just a thought.

This post was edited

Hey Sunluver101 I have no clue what you're talking about but feel free to re upload. Just a thought.

Thank you for replying and allowing our flag to fly once again. As you know, our flag like so many others unites us a nation in times when there is too much hatred and division. Our flag is not political as it is not a Democrat Party flag or a Republican Party flag but the flag of the entire USA.

I had originally uploaded the flag of Ukraine as an avatar along with several others here. Our Ukraine flags were removed and yet others were allowed to keep their Ukraine flags. I then uploaded a USA flag and that was also removed. These flags are not political statements. They are simply flags which represent countries that still exist and also represent the good that each nation has to offer. I hope that you can find out who was removing our flag avatars and posts and allow the good and intelligent people of this site to speak freely. It has been said by one member here that people on this site are too immature for any kind of meaningful conversation (including current events) but this is a false generalization. I am glad that some have chosen to speak out to express their outrage at being labeled an 'immature dummy'.

This post was edited

I have no idea why they would remove it - but why do you think politicians would get involved? This is a private website - the administrators can do what they want. This is their sit and they allow you to use it - and therefore you have to abide by their rules. I am sure it's in the Terms of Service.

I would then have to ask you if you think that American Military Service members would allow the flag of their nation to be disrespected? The same flag that symbolizes what Americans fought and died for? Many politicians are ex-military personal and would completely understand the issue and take it personally. In addition, over 80 percent of Americans respect their flag and fly it proudly as do I outside of my home. Politicians will do what their voters demand of them and so yes overall I do believe that politicians will do what will earn them support from the public that votes for them. Please show me the rule that says that an American based website such as this will not allow Americans (or anyone else) to show the flag which is the symbol of their nation? I know of no American company that is willing to do this and incur the wrath of the people. Living close enough to the Canadian Border, many companies here also proudly fly the Canadian Flag. I know of no one who would disrespect the Canadian Flag, hide it, be ashamed of it, or complain about it.

This post was edited

Sunluver101 said:
Our flag is not political as it is not a Democrat Party flag or a Republican Party flag but the flag of the entire USA.

I absolutely agree that the flag in itself is not political and should not be used as such. Unfortunately, Ive seen multiple instances where conservative Trump supporters and or COVID deniers have said something along the lines of:
Those liberal democrats have no business flying the flag, we are the only true Americans.

Its so disgusting such that Its being used this way.

This post was edited

People keep blaming mods for deleting pictures but the complaint about pictures disappearing is so common and all different types of pictures that personally I suspect theres a bug that is removing them. I have no way of proving it but thats my bet.

This post was edited

People keep blaming mods for deleting pictures but the complaint about pictures disappearing is so common and all different types of pictures that personally I suspect theres a bug that is removing them. I have no way of proving it but thats my bet.

A 'bug' does not remove photos of select individuals leaving others with the same kind of photo. A 'bug' does not selectively remove certain postings and topics allowing others to remain. The images in question here are not the same as the 'other' pictures that you are referring too. There certainly are rules about showing nude photos but the photos in question had absolutely no nudity and so the nudity rules did not apply.

This post was edited

The images in question here are not the same as the 'other' pictures that you are referring too. There certainly are rules about showing nude photos but the photos in question had absolutely no nudity and so the nudity rules did not apply.

Exactly my point. My thoughts are just that but are based on a long career writing code etc. Most all the references are about pictures uploaded not long before they disappear. I can think of a database bug years ago that did something similar.

This post was edited

Isn't it funny that the same 'bug' that was selectively removing certain members photos is no longer working and all members photos and posts are no longer being removed. Why it is a miracle isn't it? it must have been 'instantly' fixed - NOT! Easier to blame the computer then it is to blame the individual(s) responsible. Common sense needs to apply here.

This post was edited

We have had another post topic removed. I again ask that the person responsible for this immediately restore the topic and stop abusing us with your censorship. TT2 has been informed. There are countless topics here and all that we have asked is that you allow us to post in our topics and leave us alone. This forum is supposed to be for everyone. We do not live in Russia where censorship is alive and well. Now please go away, stay away, stop with your almighty need to be on some kind of power trip, and leave us all alone!

This post was edited

Sunluver201 said:
Isn't it funny that the same 'bug' that was selectively removing certain members photos is no longer working and all members photos and posts are no longer being removed. Why it is a miracle isn't it? it must have been 'instantly' fixed - NOT! Easier to blame the computer then it is to blame the individual(s) responsible. Common sense needs to apply here.

Wow, sorry but that along with other posts come off as attacking when all I was trying to say is that a bug *might* be all, some, or even none of the problem. Its just a possibility and from my background and what Ive seen of comments about disappearing photos and threads, TO ME, it seems like a possibility. Especially when there has been no responses that I know of on why things are being deleted or whatever plus the fact that there are bugs such as the ongoing known bug about PMs not deleting. Another thought, I have no idea if this might be in play and is more likely not the case, but regarding threads disappearing,, might the OP accounts be getting deleted due to flagging or user deleting the account? I dont appreciate the tone when Im just throwing out possible explanations for some of it based on what I see and even acknowledging that I have no way of knowing if they are valid.

This post was edited