RE:Postings Removed

Does the military fight and die for all rights, or just those rights you agree with?

I would then have to ask you if you think that American Military Service members would allow the flag of their nation to be disrespected? The same flag that symbolizes what Americans fought and died for?
As far as I know, we still have the right to protest, including, according to The Supreme Court, the right to burn flags.

That's one of the rights for which people fought and died.

This post was edited

Does the military fight and die for all rights, or just those rights you agree with?I would then have to ask you if you think that American Military Service members would allow the flag of their nation to be disrespected? The same flag that symbolizes what Americans fought and died for?As far as I know, we still have the right to protest, including, according to The Supreme Court, the right to burn flags.That's one of the rights for which people fought and died.

Burning flags is just one of the issues that was not addressed here. The issue that was addressed here is for someone to remove flags. We also have the right to fly our flags as is currently done from coast to coast. No one has the right to effectively 'steal them', 'hide them', delete them. I would ask you to ask any service person in your area if they would agree with fighting to have someone destroy our flag. Forget rights for a minute. Remember only what is the right thing to do.
The issue that I ask you to consider is that given the current world situation, do you believe that anyone is prepared to side against those who speak out against Russian propaganda lies, to remove our flags, to disgrace us, and to effectively win the information war against us? The courts will be forced to face this and decide how they want to proceed.

https://www.aclu.org/other/reasons-oppose-flag-desecration-amendment

This post was edited

Sunluver201 said:Isn't it funny that the same 'bug' that was selectively removing certain members photos is no longer working and all members photos and posts are no longer being removed. Why it is a miracle isn't it? it must have been 'instantly' fixed - NOT! Easier to blame the computer then it is to blame the individual(s) responsible. Common sense needs to apply here.Wow, sorry but that along with other posts come off as attacking when all I was trying to say is that a bug *might* be all, some, or even none of the problem. Its just a possibility and from my background and what Ive seen of comments about disappearing photos and threads, TO ME, it seems like a possibility. Especially when there has been no responses that I know of on why things are being deleted or whatever plus the fact that there are bugs such as the ongoing known bug about PMs not deleting. Another thought, I have no idea if this might be in play and is more likely not the case, but regarding threads disappearing,, might the OP accounts be getting deleted due to flagging or user deleting the account? I dont appreciate the tone when Im just throwing out possible explanations for some of it based on what I see and even acknowledging that I have no way of knowing if they are valid.

I am sorry if you see this as an attack as you can not possibly know the history behind what has gone on here. Nothing is meant as an attack. Here is the history. Many people posted images of the Ukraine flag as their new avatar but only a select few had those images removed and selectively replaced with images contained within their profile. This happened several times and with different flag images. Others were not bothered. Several threads have now been removed but those who started those threads (including myself) have not removed or deleted them. The last post contained very civil replies and had nothing offensive yet it just 'disappeared'. Thanks for your suggestions but none of us will know exactly going on as we all sit here in silence watching certain threads mysteriously disappear. I hope you can also understand how frustrating that it is to spend time creating and posting to certain topics to only have them vanish for no reason and with no explanations. On other sites, Russian misinformation trolls are actively bombarding sites with misinformation as well as trying to shout down the truth. Believe it or not, but we all are going to be under attack as this relatively new way of fighting a war to control information is in full swing. Peace.

This post was edited

Does the military fight and die for all rights, or just those rights you agree with?I would then have to ask you if you think that American Military Service members would allow the flag of their nation to be disrespected? The same flag that symbolizes what Americans fought and died for?As far as I know, we still have the right to protest, including, according to The Supreme Court, the right to burn flags.That's one of the rights for which people fought and died.

To add, because you are exactly right:

There are innumerable speeches, videos and testimonials from veterans of each war since the close of WWII who are clear about the fact that regardless of their personal feelings about flags and how they are trained to care for them and respect them while on duty, they did not go to war to defend blind allegiance to symbols, inflexible views on liberty or only the things we approve of or like, but rather the right to question and yes, even mock those symbols, freedom understood as the widest range of the acceptable and possible each citizen has as birthright and by necessity those things that we might find odious, or unacceptable yet that are not destructive or damaging to other's life, liberty or pursuit of happiness (note you are not guaranteed happiness rather the opportunity to find it, if you can, and the bottom line is that no action by your political rival or those you imagine are against you with flags cakes masks bibles, etc stops you or I from pursuing happiness, especially if we walk on by.

And a note to those who hold up service and those who serve and say "we should be like them and do x and not y". Service is by definition to the citizens of the country and is a sacrifice always because you accept less freedom, more responsibility and more danger,up to giving your life so that your fellow citizens don't have to. The last thing that anyone who is not in service and is not enlisting should do is limit themselves out of some sense of misguided admiration or adulation of the limited freedoms in life of one who has chosen service. To give up any of your liberties or suggest others should do so while still being a citizen of the nation is to throw away their sacrifice to KEEP you free by limiting your freedoms or those of others in their name... and that is exactly wrong. Have every respect for these men and women. Keep sacred their choice and honour their memories but remember why they fight. Not for your idea of freedom or his, or hers, not liberal or conservative, not Black nor white nor Jew or Gentile, but for all of us. Each of us equal, one nation of out of many, indivisible...right?

This post was edited

Hey Sunluver101 I have no clue what you're talking about but feel free to re upload. Just a thought.Thank you for replying and allowing our flag to fly once again. As you know, our flag like so many others unites us a nation in times when there is too much hatred and division. Our flag is not political as it is not a Democrat Party flag or a Republican Party flag but the flag of the entire USA.I had originally uploaded the flag of Ukraine as an avatar along with several others here. Our Ukraine flags were removed and yet others were allowed to keep their Ukraine flags. I then uploaded a USA flag and that was also removed. These flags are not political statements. They are simply flags which represent countries that still exist and also represent the good that each nation has to offer. I hope that you can find out who was removing our flag avatars and posts and allow the good and intelligent people of this site to speak freely. It has been said by one member here that people on this site are too immature for any kind of meaningful conversation (including current events) but this is a false generalization. I am glad that some have chosen to speak out to express their outrage at being labeled an 'immature dummy'.

If you uploaded a flat graphic, the software will determine that it isn't a face or a body and reject it. You can find the policies for acceptable images for the site somewhere on here, and I almost guarantee that it's not that it was a flag, US, Ukraine or otherwise, it's that it reads as a flat graphic or avatar and I don't think those are allowed here at all.

This post was edited

The images in question here are not the same as the 'other' pictures that you are referring too. There certainly are rules about showing nude photos but the photos in question had absolutely no nudity and so the nudity rules did not apply.Exactly my point. My thoughts are just that but are based on a long career writing code etc. Most all the references are about pictures uploaded not long before they disappear. I can think of a database bug years ago that did something similar.

They use a combo of software and human moderation to accept or reject photos according to the policies for uploading images here and what is acceptable and not, and it is notorious as you point out for what seem to be very uneven results, but as you know, the code that is needed to do really good image recognition mapping and identification is massively complex and still not fully up to the task even in the very best of AI's and just see how Google images and lens go wonky every now and again, and you'll understand that this place is not anywhere near that standard, and cannot be. I have had to upload three times before, had pics rejected for content where none was, and its just the way it is... it seems to ease up the more information and pics you have as well...but maybe we learn how too..dunno.

The bottom line re: censorship is that it is not a public service but a private for profit business and those who have free profiles agreed to the TOS as part of registering a profile and those TOS are clear about the right they reserve to remove anything they want for any reason no explanations needed. If you accept the registration and post a profile, you signed that contract (in essence it is a contract between user and service provider) and this happens all the time online, people dont understand that this is what those check boxes mean and that it's not optional reversible or bypassable, and with a free profile, where and what are the damages, if even a civil suit were possible? There are none, and the courts have ruled time and time again on this. Paid memberships are something different potentially, the TOS are the same and still conrtactual but a paid service is held to higher levels of scrunity and higher expectations of fair dealing and customer service, and while I am not an expert in either this site's membership system and whether it delivers on the promises made, nor do I know where one might start to find fault therein, like with any product or service, the buyer should be informed and understand their rigths and responsibilities clearly as well as what is acceptable and unacceptable use. Since it's a nudist/naturist site they can argue with ease that anything not directly related to these topics or topic area is irrelevant and therefore spam to be removed. That's not in my view a great way to foster community and its not the way its done here either, and therefore the question remains: what is essential here and what is optional and what beyond that is irrelevant or unecessary in terms of content, and how does that best find its expression? It's a lot of work for someone and someones and the machines.

This post was edited

If you uploaded a flat graphic, the software will determine that it isn't a face or a body and reject it. You can find the policies for acceptable images for the site somewhere on here, and I almost guarantee that it's not that it was a flag, US, Ukraine or otherwise, it's that it reads as a flat graphic or avatar and I don't think those are allowed here at all.

The images were not 'flat graphics'. Some here had the exact same image and they were not deleted. The very same images that were originally used as avatars are no longer being deleted. I do not think that those who control the software here would make changes to the software within a few hours after complaint. Since there is no feedback from anyone here as to exactly what happened, there can be much speculation but the fact still remains that some of the exact same images were removed and others remained. Now all images are remaining.

This post was edited

So the Russians and Russian trolls are also waging an information war around the world. To shout the truth about Russian crimes. This is typical of Russian propaganda. As some profiles here offend people who inform about it, they say (such as the profile of a Russian troll like a doctor of physics - if it is even true, the morlan is a bottom) that they are mentally ill, or not to talk about it. You have to shout about it !!! Russians are killing civilians en masse, including children. Russian media mumble about some kind of peace intervention. Let the Russians on TN know about the gruesome Russian crimes against the Ukrainian nation. Russians who are on TN go out to the street and overthrow Putin. Otherwise you become co-responding to Russian crimes.

All twelve of them you mean? They're arresting anyone who protests. 8000 people so far. We all know what's happening, it's horrific. In Russia, the mothers of young women and men being bombed (on the phone, hearing the bombs) are telling them they are wrong and that everything is ok there are just some Nazis they are getting rid of and they don't believe their own children. That level of self deception is not going to be eroded because of TN doing or not doing. The last sentence is really a coward's refuge. No, none of us here is responsible for what Putin is doing and none of us responsible to fix it. Each of us will do or not do what we think is best given our limited understanding and according to our own interests and needs and that's the way it is.

This post was edited

Exclusions to the Freedom of Speech

Despite many people's incessant persistence that the freedom of speech permits them to harass others online, the courts and congress have carved out specific types of speech that are excluded from protection. Additionally, states, like California, have criminal laws against harassment, whether in person or done through the world wide web. The general exclusions include:

Defamation/Invasion of Privacy
Obscenity
Copyright/Trademark Infringement
Inciting a riot or others to break the law
"Fighting Words"
Speech creating a "clear and present danger" to national security
False advertising
Speech that disrupts school activities

Also, the government can place reasonable restrictions on free speech, such as those that restrict the time, place, and manner of the speech. For instance, prohibiting protestors from loudly chanting before 6:00am in a residential neighborhood is a reasonable restriction.
Freedom of Speech Is Not Freedom From Liability

If you post something online that is not true, is deceptive or fraudulent, or is viewed as a credible threat of violence or a criminal act, not only is the First Amendment not going to apply as nearly all websites/webhosts/servers/etc that allow the public to post anything are privately owned, you can be censored, and you could also face civil liability.

Worse than censorship is the legal liability a person can face for posting untrue speech. Defamation can occur via an internet post, which could expose a person to monetary damages. Violations of trademark and copyright laws are also not protected and can also land a person in some legal hot water. Also, credible criminal threats, even those made anonymously online, can land you in jail.

www.findlaw.com/legalblogs/law-and-life/can-you-violate-the-freedom-of-speech-on-the-internet/

This post was edited

So the Russians and Russian trolls are also waging an information war around the world. To shout the truth about Russian crimes. This is typical of Russian propaganda. As some profiles here offend people who inform about it, they say (such as the profile of a Russian troll like a doctor of physics - if it is even true, the morlan is a bottom) that they are mentally ill, or not to talk about it. You have to shout about it !!! Russians are killing civilians en masse, including children. Russian media mumble about some kind of peace intervention. Let the Russians on TN know about the gruesome Russian crimes against the Ukrainian nation. Russians who are on TN go out to the street and overthrow Putin. Otherwise you become co-responding to Russian crimes.All twelve of them you mean? They're arresting anyone who protests. 8000 people so far. We all know what's happening, it's horrific. In Russia, the mothers of young women and men being bombed (on the phone, hearing the bombs) are telling them they are wrong and that everything is ok there are just some Nazis they are getting rid of and they don't believe their own children. That level of self deception is not going to be eroded because of TN doing or not doing. The last sentence is really a coward's refuge. No, none of us here is responsible for what Putin is doing and none of us responsible to fix it. Each of us will do or not do what we think is best given our limited understanding and according to our own interests and needs and that's the way it is.

That is not the way it has to be. We have someone who lives in Poland and is sharing his first hand experiences with war refugees. Everyone with any knowledge must speak out. It is not cowardly at all to stand up and speak out for what one believes in. I just had a phone conversation with a military friend who says that what is being said here by some is the typical philosophy that is used to discourage and silence those who do not believe that this is the way it has to be. For those interested in what is currently being promoted in the USA, read Mark Levin "American Marxism"

This post was edited