RE:My thoughts on clothing optional vs nudist

In a perfect world what one wears would be a personal choice, and no one would care what other people choose to wear. Unfortunately, thats not where we live, and there is no simple solution. Ive never been affected by someone elses clothing choice, but apparently some people are.

This post was edited

It doesnt bother me at all if some choose to be clothed at a clothing optional venue. Just so long as its ok that I be nude!

This post was edited

with you on that, not bothered what others choose as long as i can choose what i want, i'd be happy if everywhere was clothing optional, more room in the bedroom, anyone wanna wardrobe?? wouldnt need it anymore,!!!!

This post was edited

homeclothesfree wrote:Agreed. As for me, I would prefer that when I'm naked, other people will be naked as well. But I would rather have them clothed or partially clothed and comfortable with my nudity than naked and uncomfortable. And the discomfort could be due to climate or their own hesitation to be nude. It doesn't matter. I figure that if they're in a nude environment, they at least show an interest in nudism.

Right as long as they arent gawking and they dont want to manage my choice I am good. The preoccupation with making people feel bad because they arent naked the way I choose to be is as unhealthy with the preoccupation of those who want me to conform to their clothing choices. As long as I have the freedom to choose I am good. That is all I would ask of someone at a resort and of the mainstream society.

This post was edited

It doesnt bother me at all if some choose to be clothed at a clothing optional venue. Just so long as its ok that I be nude!

Agree with your perspective. Why should it bother me if someone else chooses to miss out on the opportunity their loss.

Unless my intention is to to ogle.

This post was edited

Public areas like nude beaches should be clothing optional, and I see a lot of couples or groups at such places with some nude and some clothed participants. I'm glad that that they can enjoy each other's company any way that they're comfortable

Resorts can make their own rules,. I'm glad that they can accommodate me naked, and I wouldn't feel uncomfortable even if I was the only one.

I will go to a home pool party next week where nudity will be expected (actually, clothes won't be acceptable). The hosts have discovered that if they make it "clothing optional, " a few people will stay clothed, and then others become self conscious and put their clothes back on too. I see their point. They have other parties where nobody is naked, and everyone seems to be agreeable with that too.

I've never hosted a clothing optional gathering at my house. I had a neighbor stop by a few times while I was naked and he stayed clothed.

This post was edited

So it seems like the consensus is I'm being somewhat of a dick wanting to go to nudity required venues instead of clothing optional venues. Well if that's how I'm viewed so be it.

I know there are clubs that require nudity out there, just haven't been to one yet. The club I've been going to for the past few months is clothing optional. There are no other clubs within an hour.

I'll repeat that I've had a fabulous time every time I've gone there and I'll keep going there. If there was a nudist only club right next door I would certainly choose that one but since there isn't I'm ok with enjoying this club.

This post was edited

Public areas like nude beaches should be clothing optional, and I see a lot of couples or groups at such places with some nude and some clothed participants. I'm glad that that they can enjoy each other's company any way that they're comfortableResorts can make their own rules,. I'm glad that they can accommodate me naked, and I wouldn't feel uncomfortable even if I was the only one..

Concurs with your opinion

Resorts are private and can make whatever rules they want. Bare Oaks in Canada requires complete nudity. All their staff is nude including kitchen staff or at least that is what their promotion photographs suggest. I havent been there but have spoken with other who have. Other resorts like Turtle Lake are clothing optional and do equally fine. Its simply a matter of philosophy to me and in that regard I follow the philosophy that nudity should never be forced on anyone. As Marc Alain Descamps suggest we dont know what life circumstances (physical abuse etc) may cause someone to be hesitant to be unclothed in a social setting.

Public beaches on the other hand are another matter. They should always be clothing optional IMO. Trying to require nudity false into same trap we are trying to get out of I.e. being required to wear clothing. Furthermore since they are public and supported by public dollars it makes sense that everyone has the option to be as clothed as they choose. While we need more clothing optional public spaces for nude recreation as Lee Baxandall tried to promote in the US and some European cites have allowed it doesnt make sense to me that folks who want everyone be nude like them would be worried about gawkers in a public space.

Thanks to the OP for starting this thread despite a any difference of opinion. Thank you to the commenters for one on the best and substantive conversations in the forums in a while.

This post was edited

nudie99 wrote:
So it seems like the consensus is I'm being somewhat of a dick wanting to go to nudity required venues instead of clothing optional venues. Well if that's how I'm viewed so be it.
Whoa, there! I don't think you're a dick for wanting to go nudity required. That's perfectly up to you, and I don't expect... hell, I don't even want... a world in which everybody agrees with me.

But I do like venues where people can feel comfortable being whoever they are, in whatever state of clothing feels right to them.

This post was edited

I don't think it's unreasonable to have some spaces that are nude mandatory. If that's not what someone wants, there are plenty of other options.

The nude beach in Toronto is an example of where clothing optional is a bit of a problem. There are clothing mandatory and optional beaches next to each other, but the clothing optional beach is filled with clothed people.
I think it would benefit from being nude mandatory, especially because the textile beach is so easily accessible.

This post was edited