RE:What have you all been reading?

Funny you mention a paranormal thriller. I just got through Ararat by Christopher golden. If I had known it would turn out to be a horror novel, I would have given it a miss, because I'm really not into that genre at all. But this one was thoughtfully written and contained some deep truths for those with the ability to see them.

This post was edited

I've got several in process at the moment. On my computer, "Nimitz-class Aircraft Carriers" by Brad Elward, on my phone it's "The Deep Blue Good-by", a Travis McGee novel by John D. MacDonald. The Kindle app on my tablet has "First Dangle" by Kevin Hearne. "The Years of Attrition: 1940 - 1941" by Richard Collier is my current bedside reading, and for my driving time there's the Librivox.org audiobook of "The Woman Who Went to Alaska" by Mary Kellogg Sullivan. Finally, I'm about halfway through the current issue of Flying magazine.

This post was edited

I use the web site BookBud to get ebook selections, of numerous styles & genres, at discounted prices. On my phone I have been reading the Gregory Maguire's, Wicked Years Complete Collection. Includes The Wizard of Oz, finished it and Wicked, still working my way thru Son of a Witch.
I really like books of short stories. I can buzz through a short story and walk away without wanting to continue reading. Though, now instead of "one more chapter", it's "one more short story". IPad has books of Suspense & Mystery and 2022 collections of new Science Fiction. both short stories. The actual paperback book I am reading is Divergent. Somehow it found its way onto my bookshelves, and I figured "why not".

This post was edited

OK, the current list. Two physical items - the current copy of N magazine (41.3) for my main read, and "The Years of Attrition: 1940-1941" by Richard Collier is my bedside reading. For listening to while driving, I've got "The Wonderful Visit" by H. G. Wells, downloaded from librivox.org. I've also got two e-books in progress. One is "The Hemlock Avenue Mystery" by Lily A. Long (writing under the pseudonym Roman Doubleday) that I downloaded from gutenberg.org, and "The Time Traveler's Handbook" by David Goldblatt.

The Years of Attrition is a WWII history covering those two years. It was originally two separate books, but this is combined in an omnibus volume. The Wonderful Visit is a fantasy about an angel visiting a small village in England. The Hemlock Avenue Mystery is a murder mystery from the early 20th century (maybe late 19th - I don't remember the publishing date). Finally, the Time Traveler's Handbook is an extended brochure from a company offering time travel tours of various places and events, describing how your visit to those times will be planned and the things you can expect to see and experience.

This post was edited

Currently reading several books:
"The Night Watch" by Terry Pratchett - ebook, fantasy
"The Admirals" by Walter Borneman - Kindle, WWII history about the four five-star U.S. admirals of that war
"Buffaloes over Singapore" by Geoff Fisken, DFC - ebook, WWII history of the aerial defenders of Singapore in 1941/1942
"Spuds, Spam and Eating For Victory" by Katherine Knight - physical book, about food rationing in the UK during WWII and after

I'm also working through various magazines; the current issue of Firearm News is on my desk. For the car, I'm also listening to the Librivox.org audiobook reading of "Around the World on a Bicycle" by Thomas Stevens. It's the experience of a young man who rode a high-wheeler around the world in the late 1880s.

This post was edited

I have been going thru the Lindsay Buroker and Peter Rhodan books lately. Waiting for Nathan Lowell to release the Wizard's Cat

This post was edited