Sarong

Just ordered my first sarong (short, above the knees). Mostly for home wear when I can't be nude, but would like to wear it in public also.
Any suggestions for where?

This topic was edited
RE:Sarong

I'd suggest over the shoulder, but you need a full-size sarong for that. :-)

This post was edited

The lead picture on the Nudist Wardrobe group shows someone wearing a small sarong over one shoulder, not what I had in mind. The person who posted it has mentioned elsewhere that he can adjust it for enough coverage to be accepted in most places when necessary but would still be too risky for me. Plus, I avoid wearing anything above the waist wherever I can.

This post was edited

Id never considered having a sarong, but Lorna bought me one a couple of years ago, the only time I wear it is to go into the shop at the naturist village we stay at on holiday.

You cant go in naked, but a sarong they are ok with,

This post was edited

A wonderfully flexible item, a sarong. I have three or four. When I head to the nude beach I wear one between the car park and the beach. I can lie on it. Use it rolled up as a head rest. I can drape it over my shoulders when I go for a nude walk if the sun's fierce and I haven't yet put on sunscreen. At home I generally have one around to sit on/lie on and it's handy if someone comes to the door.

This post was edited

I have worn light thin knee length skirts for years when I must to keep me from getting arrested.I add a crop top and sandals and can go anywhere.Ill have to try a sarong, they look nice.

How often do you wear skirts relative to shorts or pants?
Crop tops for men were common years ago but are very rare now.
Have you ever had a problem getting into a business dressed like that?

This post was edited

By seeg55:

A wonderfully flexible item, a sarong. I have three or four. When I head to the nude beach I wear one between the car park and the beach. I can lie on it. Use it rolled up as a head rest. I can drape it over my shoulders when I go for a nude walk if the sun's fierce and I haven't yet put on sunscreen. At home I generally have one around to sit on/lie on and it's handy if someone comes to the door.

Yes the added flexibility of multiple uses once you reach the CO zone is a bonus, and the added intimacy with the sand when used as a mat is nice when compared with a towel. One less thing to carry if you otherwise bring a towel.

This post was edited

By seeg55:A wonderfully flexible item, a sarong. I have three or four. When I head to the nude beach I wear one between the car park and the beach. I can lie on it. Use it rolled up as a head rest. I can drape it over my shoulders when I go for a nude walk if the sun's fierce and I haven't yet put on sunscreen. At home I generally have one around to sit on/lie on and it's handy if someone comes to the door.Yes the added flexibility of multiple uses once you reach the CO zone is a bonus, and the added intimacy with the sand when used as a mat is nice when compared with a towel. One less thing to carry if you otherwise bring a towel.

How would you dry off?

This post was edited

By seeg55:A wonderfully flexible item, a sarong. I have three or four. When I head to the nude beach I wear one between the car park and the beach. I can lie on it. Use it rolled up as a head rest. I can drape it over my shoulders when I go for a nude walk if the sun's fierce and I haven't yet put on sunscreen. At home I generally have one around to sit on/lie on and it's handy if someone comes to the door.Yes the added flexibility of multiple uses once you reach the CO zone is a bonus, and the added intimacy with the sand when used as a mat is nice when compared with a towel. One less thing to carry if you otherwise bring a towel.How would you dry off?

On my skinny dipping excursions, I simply air dry. I have never carried a towel and used a blanket only once.

This post was edited

Air dry. I'll walk rather than use my towel - it's for sitting and laying out. It doesn't take long and I don't have to worry about wet towels. If wearing a suit, it's much the same except the suit may not get fully dry, but thin materials help.

This post was edited

I have a few different sarongs. Even some that are see through. Those are for fun events. But love it for nude hiking. Its easy to use it if a textile comes up to me on the trails. Also the crop tops are small to cover only my shoulders and arms when hiking and wearing a pack for chafing. Plus it helps with sunburns.

This post was edited