Saving the planet

Saw a blog the other day on how nudism can help reduce climate change, but I can't find it now.
It gave a good discussion of how reducing manufacturing and laundering clothing could reduce the use of fossil fuels and water.
However, it didn't mention an additional benefit.
Not wearing clothing could reduce the need for air conditioning and therefore less electricity would be consumed. again indirectly reduce carbon emissions

This topic was edited
RE:Saving the planet

That might be offset by people turning up the heat in colder climates so that they can be comfortable while nude in their homes. But I think the net effect would be lower consumption of energy.

This post was edited

That might be offset by people turning up the heat in colder climates so that they can be comfortable while nude in their homes. But I think the net effect would be lower consumption of energy.

But it is possible that conscientious nudists would wear clothes in cold weather to save energy.

This post was edited

If one thinks of nudism as simply getting naked there is nothing about nudism that will definitely save the planet. Maybe reducing laundry energy costs or water pollution. But that is offset by the the carbon footprint related to travel for nude recreation.

This post was edited

I am a great believer in finding cleaner ways of heating our homes etc . However I just dont think its happening fast enough and is all based once again on greed and profit . If they were really serious then in the uk we have millions of empty roof tops not being used instead of solar farms taking up valuable farm land and they could place windmills on house roofs as well . They wont however because then each building would be creating their own energy so wouldnt need to buy it off greedy energy companies . As for battery driven cars , thats all very well but we dont have the infrastructure to support it and certainly not by 2030 in the uk so that wont happen either . They havnt thought this out at all . Until they stop putting money and greed and profit before commonsense it is never gonna work which is very sad , We could do so much if governments werent pandering to a minority of rich greedy companies and allowed commonsense to prevail .

This post was edited

I am a great believer in finding cleaner ways of heating our homes etc . However I just dont think its happening fast enough and is all based once again on greed and profit . If they were really serious then in the uk we have millions of empty roof tops not being used instead of solar farms taking up valuable farm land and they could place windmills on house roofs as well . They wont however because then each building would be creating their own energy so wouldnt need to buy it off greedy energy companies . As for battery driven cars , thats all very well but we dont have the infrastructure to support it and certainly not by 2030 in the uk so that wont happen either . They havnt thought this out at all . Until they stop putting money and greed and profit before commonsense it is never gonna work which is very sad , We could do so much if governments werent pandering to a minority of rich greedy companies and allowed commonsense to prevail .

Wow been a while since I have seen such and clear reasoned and intelligent answer on the forums.

This post was edited

My power company allows me to pay a premium for my electricity to have it generated by sun and wind. I choose that instead of having my own system simply because I do not want to be climbing onto my roof or climbing a tower to perform maintenance. I would be interrested in having those generators on my property if the power company owned them and maintained them.

This post was edited

In the 5 years we have had solar panels on our roof we have done zero maintenance. If they get covered with snow in the winter we take the hit and produce no electricity until the snow melts off (we were warned never to try raking the snow off the panels since they may get damaged). If they get covered with pollen in the spring we either wait for rain to wash them or just hose them down from the ground. None of our trees are directly over the panels, so hopefully nothing will ever fall on them and damage them. And the rest of the equipment is on the side of the house accessible from the ground, so maintenance should be easier if needed. But if you do not want to own the solar system and any maintenance, there are leasing options where you get paid to allow solar panels on your roof that are owned and maintained by the company leasing the space on your roof. We know lots of people that went that route instead of buying the panels.

This post was edited

I don't have any south facing roof and I can count on having snow on what faces east and west nearly contuously from November through March and that can extend to from September into May. Without doing more research and the math that goes with it, I believe I would do better with a ground source heat pump. I have been in the planning stages for a new garage for a few years. Need more money to start. My thoughts were to put my south facing roof at 45 degrees which would improve efficiency at our lattitude.
No matter what I do, it will not give me any more nude time.

This post was edited

I am a great believer in finding cleaner ways of heating our homes etc . However I just dont think its happening fast enough and is all based once again on greed and profit . If they were really serious then in the uk we have millions of empty roof tops not being used instead of solar farms taking up valuable farm land and they could place windmills on house roofs as well . They wont however because then each building would be creating their own energy so wouldnt need to buy it off greedy energy companies . As for battery driven cars , thats all very well but we dont have the infrastructure to support it and certainly not by 2030 in the uk so that wont happen either . They havnt thought this out at all . Until they stop putting money and greed and profit before commonsense it is never gonna work which is very sad , We could do so much if governments werent pandering to a minority of rich greedy companies and allowed commonsense to prevail .Wow been a while since I have seen such and clear reasoned and intelligent answer on the forums.
Thanks being disabled with mobility problems I spend alot of time at home and online so they say you never stop learning and also have alot of commonsense hopefully lol .

This post was edited

Heya - that was my blog!

Yes I got several replies that flagged that nudism requires some kind of climate control for winter in the colder parts of the world. I was going to reply yeah but where I live winter requires only about (the equivalent of) four days heating each year. For most of the year I can live nude without much of a worry.

The thrust of my post and the point being missed by most was that I was saying the reduction in all facets of clothing and laundry created by being nude as much as possible would create an overall reduction.

This post was edited