RE:Coming out as a nudist at work?

Happy to let people know in life I am a nudist. Some are shocked, some envious some might disagree.. no problem for me I am what I am.

This post was edited

Keep certain things about your life private. You dont need to publish everything about your life or preference to colleagues. Maybe close friends its fine.

Very good point not sure why some think it is necessary to do that. Does it make them feel better does it convince anyone to change their view not sure what the motivation is? If you have close friends as you say makes sense be a coworker is just coworker dont have to share everything at work.

This post was edited

Keep certain things about your life private. You dont need to publish everything about your life or preference to colleagues. Maybe close friends its fine.Very good point not sure why some think it is necessary to do that. Does it make them feel better does it convince anyone to change their view not sure what the motivation is? If you have close friends as you say makes sense be a coworker is just coworker dont have to share everything at work.

I am quite friendly with the group I usually ate lunch with at work. All of them know I sleep nude and swim nude in my own pool. Only shared that I go to clothing optional beaches with one or two. Once we took a sleepwear poll of the 7 of us, 4 underwear, 2 nude 1 PJ's. From what I have read, similar distribution to the US male population.

This post was edited

I am out as a naturist. I dont go around telling people I am a naturist however I dont hide it. My car has two stickers: one mentions one of my favorite nude beaches and other says I rather be naked. This has illicit conversations and questions so I am just honest. No one has been offended or had issues. Most people are intrigued. Some good things have come out of it. Ive had a co worker come out to me as a naturist and that he and his wife reside at a naturist resort, Ive had one who went to a nude beach with her husband at my urging to try. Lastly a former member of my immediate team invited me to go to a beach with him and his wife next time I am in his neck of the woods. I took him up on the offer and it was a fine experience

This post was edited

I am out as a naturist. I dont go around telling people I am a naturist however I dont hide it. My car has two stickers: one mentions one of my favorite nude beaches and other says I rather be naked. This has illicit conversations and questions so I am just honest. No one has been offended or had issues. Most people are intrigued. Some good things have come out of it. Ive had a co worker come out to me as a naturist and that he and his wife reside at a naturist resort, Ive had one who went to a nude beach with her husband at my urging to try. Lastly a former member of my immediate team invited me to go to a beach with him and his wife next time I am in his neck of the woods. I took him up on the offer and it was a fine experience

This post was edited

Not work, but one of my band colleagues would wear shirts with names of nudist venues or slogans supporting nude recreation to rehearsals so anyone who noticed what his shirt said could correctly assume that he was a nudist.

This post was edited

A couple of work friends know that I'm a nudist although I don't lead with it in a normal conversation. I purposely took the job so that I wouldn't have to worry about management finding out and suffer negative consequences. They just don't care. With all the events I've heard about happening lately, me being in full time skinny dipping mode is well down the list of things they're concerned with. If you're interested in climbing the corporate ladder, I would play my cards close.

When I retired from the military I decided that I would only take jobs that allowed me to live like I do. No security clearance to worry about and just do as I please. Joining this site and getting certified was a step in that direction. I describe myself as a "barefoot all over" kind of guy to people who ask.

This post was edited

When I retired from the military I decided that I would only take jobs that allowed me to live like I do. No security clearance to worry about and just do as I please. Joining this site and getting certified was a step in that direction. I describe myself as a "barefoot all over" kind of guy to people who ask.

Being a nudist isn't a problem on a security investigation. Lying about it (or anything else) is. I am a member of AANR and I own property at a nudist resort, so I am not exactly trying to hide being a nudist.

This post was edited

Yes a few times and never found it to be a problem with anyone.

This post was edited

Didn't have to tell anyone. Wife and I were at a clothing optional hot spring about a 4 hour drive from home, soaking naked in the evening and I saw her talking to a couple, she said she works with the woman.we spent the next couple of days with them, soaking and going down to the river and skinny-dipping.

This post was edited