Coming out as a nudist at work?

Have any of you 'come out' as a nudist at work? Like, just to let people know of your interest in it -- not that they need to see any of it of course!

Once in a great while my work will have a fun "trivia night" about ourselves or a "two lies and one truth" game where we submit interesting, surprising or hard to guess facts about ourselves. Sometimes I wonder about submitting that I'm a nudist - it would definitely fit the 'surprising' criteria for the game! My workplace skews younger and liberal (20's-30's average age) and I'd be comfortable with my extended team at least knowing about that, but not sure if that'd be something best kept to myself. Thoughts?

This topic was edited
RE:Coming out as a nudist at work?

I'd look at it as a cost benefit analysis.
What do you hope to gain from it?
What could you potentially lose from it.

I'm not at all close to my coworkers, so wouldn't bother, though I admit that there's some temptation to do it just so they would realize that anyone could be a nudist.

This post was edited

I told a very few close friends at work but didn't publish it widely.

This post was edited

Interesting! I guess you might want to talk with the HR / management to make certain this disclosure was acceptible so that the whole thing doesn't blow up in your face. I remember it is the kind of thing that could have been admitted to at a place I worked two decades ago, but that was tame compared to anything they talked about. And at that time John Ashcroft the then-head of the justice department was covering over the topless statues at the justice department.

I wonder how this works outside the office, as well. I mean, even if it was somehow construed as "harassment", if its outside the workplace, does that carry over.

Honestly, it is tame stuff and not your fault people have filthy minds and are lawsuit happy....

This post was edited

years ago , like 30 I went to Hedonism II in Negril. Another coworker went to another resort in Jamiaca about the same time. He found out
that Hedonism II was clothing optional while he was down there and came back and told some coworkers where I had been. I decided to not deny it and made no apology for enjoying a bare ass week. Another time I was taking a day off and my boss just casually asked what I was doing. I decided to tell him the truth, i was spending the day and night at Turtle Lake Nudist resort and he responded " Good for you"
There was one coworker who seemed a bit uncomfy ( a guy) if I mentioned going to a nudist thing. But other than that, coworkers took it in stride. It never was a negative

This post was edited

All my friends and work colleagues no Im a nudist and I dont hide a thing, nor should I Ive never had a problem with any of them and if anyone did it would be their problem not mine .. :-)

This post was edited

Ar my past work the shop knew I went to blacks beach. Not a problem. Just fact. The odd comment was when it rained heavy during a tow job. I got drenched like bucket tosses. Took a rider to the destination. While disconnecting more buckets of rain came. Redrenched. Needed a snack fron the store across the road. After I was back in the truck I got totally uncovered and rode back. Related the story to the shop the next day. The dispatcher asked, "you drove back naked?" I asked her if she did when she was in Alabama on beach trips. Not a great answer. I did tell them I had shorts with me.
No further comments were made.

This post was edited

Not a chance in our situation working in the public eye as it would be detrimental for business to start with. Many must be discrete or there jobs, positions could be in peril not to mention religious reasons. One can be a nudist without blasting it out to there community.

This post was edited

As a single dad who's spent most of my career working for foreign government trade offices, I've been discreet about the label "nudism." Nor do I use it to describe myself even on this forum. Since nudism generally considers discrimination an acceptable practice (at least at local private resorts banning single men), I'd rather be a "pants casualist." I find it easier to just consider nudity another form of dress. It's generally acceptable to be casual in regards to wearing pants in the shower or bathtub. I prefer to extend that thinking further with phrases like "not working on my tan line," "forget about getting dressed," "enjoy wearing the sun and wind," "nothing to hide that I'm a middle aged dude" or "letting the sun shine where the sun don't shine."

This post was edited

I've never actually told any of them, it just seems an odd thing to bring up, what are they supposed to do with that information? Although if the topic ever did arise I wouldn't have a problem about saying I was a naturist, I don't know if they know or not, they know I'm certainly not a prude about nudity, on occasions where we've had to work away and ended up having to share a room, I still sleep naked, they must have noticed I don't wear underwear, and I can't be bothered trying to do that silly thing of trying to put your trousers on with a towel still wrapped around you!! In my experience also once they see you're not bothered they don't bother trying to hide they just act normally as you would at home,
Once the boss came round to my house to drop something off ( I didn't know he was coming), my back door was open as it was summer and I was in and out of the garden, he just walked in, and of course I was naked as is usual at home,
I will just pick up on one point in the previous post which I agree with, the label, either naturist or nudist, in most people's mind they misconstrue that as" getting naked", rather than just not getting dressed, the outcome is the same but the perception is different
id prefere to say i go home and get comfortable, rather than get naked, cos thats what most people do, and i know im generalising, but the masses of the textile world do exactly the same thing, they get in from work and change int what they feel comfortable in when relaxing of an evening, which is exactly what i do, the only difference is what i feel most comfortable in is ..nothing..

This post was edited

Well said mate.

This post was edited