RE:Nude Deer Hunting

I've done it a time or two but usually on those odd November days in Texas where it is 30 degrees at daybreak when I go to the deer stand and by noon it is 80 degrees and I'm shucking the camos. I never took anything while I was nude but I did have a pair of trousers handy if I had to go chasing in the woods. More for protection than anything else. Mountain Cedars were very thick on that lease and a wounded animal rarely stays on the trail.. Most of the Deer I've taken has been clean shots but I have had to go chase some down a time or two.

This post was edited

I think it would work best early in the season like for a bow hunt when not many people in the woods. I know I have walked up on deer nude and they never took off running but watched me. Some hot days I want to hunt naked and I could bow hunting from a stand. Just wear the clothes out for safety reasons.

This post was edited

This is a hot topic lol , following.
Pm me

This post was edited

As a nudist/photographer I've gotten very close to animals in the woods. I think they see naked humans as just another animal. I can also move almost silent when I'm barefoot and naked. I think they see camo or clothing as not fitting into nature, despite how good the camo is.

This post was edited

As a nudist/photographer I've gotten very close to animals in the woods. I think they see naked humans as just another animal. I can also move almost silent when I'm barefoot and naked. I think they see camo or clothing as not fitting into nature, despite how good the camo is.

As a fellow photographer I have also noticed this, you can get much closer and the don't get spooked if you are naked,

This post was edited

Wonder how many trail cams have caught someone nude?

This post was edited

As a fellow photographer I have also noticed this, you can get much closer and the don't get spooked if you are naked,

Me too! I have had my closest encounters with both wild animals and birds whilst naked. I'm only rarely barefoot, so I don't think that's the main factor and it isn't brightly coloured clothing as I have never worn that, opting usually for plain browns, greys or black mostly. It could be that the creatures sense your vulnerability, so don't feel so threatened, but what about pointing a camera at them? It doesn't seem to faze them!

Could it be that it is the kind of place we go to be naked, being the more remote, away from other humans is where these creatures already feel safer?

This post was edited

You ask about pointing a camera at them, I know this might annoy die hard photographers, but I tend to use my phone a lot of the time, the cameras on phones are so good these days, and can be done very descretly

This post was edited

I was running nude on a forest trail once and noticed a trail cam disguised as a birdhouse as I ran by it. Whoever put that there saw some unusual wildlife!

This post was edited

Some Amish owned trail cams caught me. Yes the Amish have trail cams and the young man that owned the woods behind me
caught me on them hiking his land in nothing but my Crocs. It was summer and into September and I always stopped before any game cane
into season. Early October just as I stepped out of the shower, I heard someone knock on my door. I greeted what turned out to be
a DNR officer with just a towel around my waist. He asked if I had " trespassed on the land behind me" and I confessed I had. The Amish guy had reported me to the DNR and he was following up. He issued me a warning about trespassing but never mentioned my lack of clothing either while hiking or greeting him at the door. I had slipped on shorts while he went to his car for something.
When I apoligized via texting to the Amish guy ( yes he had a cell phone too) he made no mention of my lack of clothing. Just did not want
me on his land even off hunting season.

This post was edited