RE:Wives who are nudists just/mostly "because of the husband."

My wife too got into it on account of me. But we enjoyed it together for years. She has in the last couple years showed little interest in our local resort other than going for supper or a cart ride to see friends. She hasn't even lifted her shirt alone remove it anymore. I know if I wasn't around she wouldn't go at all. Her sister when she goes with her husband does it only for the social aspect and does not allow nudity in their home. Including themselves. We have members of our resort whose spouse has died and they fade away never to be seen again.Not even when they are the only ones there?Seems unusual that someone who would go to a clothing optional resort would have a problem with her husband being nude when no one except the two of them were around.My wife's change came about due to health conditions. She did for years enjoy being with me and being nude. She isn't opposed to nudity in any respect. Her sister on the otherhand....does many things to fulfill her need for social status. She doesn't at home and prefers when they visit our home that I stay clothed. Which I refuse to do. She restricts her husband too. Definitely odd.I can understand why someone might not want to see her sister's husband nude, but why she would have a problem with her husband being nude seems very odd to me.

They are very materialistic and socially driven. It's a story on those two

This post was edited

My wife too got into it on account of me. But we enjoyed it together for years. She has in the last couple years showed little interest in our local resort other than going for supper or a cart ride to see friends. She hasn't even lifted her shirt alone remove it anymore. I know if I wasn't around she wouldn't go at all. Her sister when she goes with her husband does it only for the social aspect and does not allow nudity in their home. Including themselves. We have members of our resort whose spouse has died and they fade away never to be seen again.Not even when they are the only ones there?Seems unusual that someone who would go to a clothing optional resort would have a problem with her husband being nude when no one except the two of them were around.My wife's change came about due to health conditions. She did for years enjoy being with me and being nude. She isn't opposed to nudity in any respect. Her sister on the otherhand....does many things to fulfill her need for social status. She doesn't at home and prefers when they visit our home that I stay clothed. Which I refuse to do. She restricts her husband too. Definitely odd.
Do you insist on being nude when visiting other relatives and friends or just your sister in law?

This post was edited

My wife too got into it on account of me. But we enjoyed it together for years. She has in the last couple years showed little interest in our local resort other than going for supper or a cart ride to see friends. She hasn't even lifted her shirt alone remove it anymore. I know if I wasn't around she wouldn't go at all. Her sister when she goes with her husband does it only for the social aspect and does not allow nudity in their home. Including themselves. We have members of our resort whose spouse has died and they fade away never to be seen again.Not even when they are the only ones there?Seems unusual that someone who would go to a clothing optional resort would have a problem with her husband being nude when no one except the two of them were around.My wife's change came about due to health conditions. She did for years enjoy being with me and being nude. She isn't opposed to nudity in any respect. Her sister on the otherhand....does many things to fulfill her need for social status. She doesn't at home and prefers when they visit our home that I stay clothed. Which I refuse to do. She restricts her husband too. Definitely odd.Do you insist on being nude when visiting other relatives and friends or just your sister in law?

Those that are nudists, yes, I'm nude at home if they stop by. If the person I know is not then I respect them and will dress around them in at least shorts. In my sister in law's case. She's a hypocrite. She goes nude at the resort and beaches with others and us. But believes it's wrong at home. I don't like hypocrites.

This post was edited

My wife too got into it on account of me. But we enjoyed it together for years. She has in the last couple years showed little interest in our local resort other than going for supper or a cart ride to see friends. She hasn't even lifted her shirt alone remove it anymore. I know if I wasn't around she wouldn't go at all. Her sister when she goes with her husband does it only for the social aspect and does not allow nudity in their home. Including themselves. We have members of our resort whose spouse has died and they fade away never to be seen again.Not even when they are the only ones there?Seems unusual that someone who would go to a clothing optional resort would have a problem with her husband being nude when no one except the two of them were around.My wife's change came about due to health conditions. She did for years enjoy being with me and being nude. She isn't opposed to nudity in any respect. Her sister on the otherhand....does many things to fulfill her need for social status. She doesn't at home and prefers when they visit our home that I stay clothed. Which I refuse to do. She restricts her husband too. Definitely odd.Do you insist on being nude when visiting other relatives and friends or just your sister in law?Those that are nudists, yes, I'm nude at home if they stop by. If the person I know is not then I respect them and will dress around them in at least shorts. In my sister in law's case. She's a hypocrite. She goes nude at the resort and beaches with others and us. But believes it's wrong at home. I don't like hypocrites.

Understood.
None of the people who visit us are nudists, so I put on shorts if we have visitors.
I only put on a shirt for really special company, not people who are here frequently.

This post was edited

Many years ago, my wife tried social nudism because of me, yes. But she has totally embraced social nudism to the point that all of our closest friends are nudists. We have very few if any close textile friends. Just aquaintances. So, if she were ever to find herself single she would not give up social nudism. Our friends wouldn't let her lol.

This post was edited

If I took an "informal poll" of the married women at my resort, I would actually be surprised if any number of them said they would continue coming to the resort - in the event of a separation. Certainly some would want to preserve their friendships - although I suspect outside of a nudist setting.

Many years ago, my wife tried social nudism because of me, yes. But she has totally embraced social nudism to the point that all of our closest friends are nudists. We have very few if any close textile friends. Just aquaintances. So, if she were ever to find herself single she would not give up social nudism. Our friends wouldn't let her lol.

I once met a woman who had indeed continued being an active social nudist after her separation/divorce from her husband. She had developed over the years a strong support/social network at her non-landed club. It was clearly very important for her to preserve that. Made sense to me.

The hope most husbands (hopefully) have is that their wives will find something they enjoy in a nudist setting. And I think many eventually will. "Well...I'm here now...might as well get rid of my tanlines", for example, can be a "launching pad" towards getting comfortable with it. It's ok to be a "I'm here because of my husband" wife, when it's followed by "but I enjoy it too because I get to....{fill in the blanks}"
But when it isn't...it can get complicated. I've seen the wife "who traipses through the resort covered-up and with a dark cloud over her head", and "scowls" at the naked people she encounters. If everyone is "bummed out"; it's time for the husband to reevaluate the "emotional health" of the situation. I've seen a husband being pulled aside; after it became clear that his wife was not having a "good time" at all and was "bumming out" the other nudists. Luckily his wife met mine who was able to "turn things around" and help the woman get comfortable with all the nudity around her; and eventually find a path to social nudity herself. But it was a "messy situation.' And it'd started out with the husband feeling social pressure to bring his wife.

In my experience and opinion, forced couplehood is not particularly healthy or dynamic.

I can't dispute that; nor can I offer any kind of "solution." I experienced myself the social ramifications and lukewarm reception of going to a non-landed club alone; and then my wife accompanying me and participating. I was like: "Wait...what?! Now that my wife is here - and naked - you care to socialize with me?!" I can make light of it now, but it wasn't that funny back then.
But as far as my wife is concerned, and as opposed to the gentleman I mentioned above, if my wife's behavior had been such to clearly indicate that she was having a "terrible time", or was negatively affecting the overall mood; I would have apologized to everyone - including my wife - and promptly taken my leave.

This post was edited

If I took an "informal poll" of the married women at my resort, I would actually be surprised if any number of them said they would continue coming to the resort - in the event of a separation. Certainly some would want to preserve their friendships - although I suspect outside of a nudist setting.

This strikes me as deeply dysfunctional: couples with reluctant wives and eager husbands who would be dissed the minute they're separated or widowed, all based on the presumption of men as evil penis carriers redeemed by their holy vagina carrier partners. I'd avoid such a forced setup for resentment.

This post was edited

Perhaps a separated or widowed woman would stop going to the nudist club that she loved for fear of being pestered by some deeply misogynistic man.

This post was edited

Perhaps a separated or widowed woman would stop going to the nudist club that she loved for fear of being pestered by some deeply misogynistic man.

A separated or widowed woman has a choice and has to deal with misogynist men. A separated or widowed man has no choice in returning to a nudist camp and has to deal with a deeply misandrist institution. This sexism going both ways is a case of nudism bringing out the worst in people, not one of celebration and integrity. Sad.

This post was edited

A separated or widowed woman has a choice and has to deal with misogynist men. A separated or widowed man has no choice in returning to a nudist camp and has to deal with a deeply misandrist institution. This sexism going both ways is a case of nudism bringing out the worst in people, not one of celebration and integrity. Sad.

I do feel sad that you have had some bad experiences with naturist clubs.

I keep coming back to the fact that your single status might not be the real problem, describing female naturists as holy vagina carriers might not be the best way to express your true feelings.

This post was edited