I had an interesting dream about nakedness...What do you think?

I recently had a dream where I was turned from a human into a fish along with a number of other humans, and we were all wearing only these little waterproof pants that really weren't that uncomfortable and didn't affect how we could swim. Being a nudist, I wanted to get these "fish pants" off, and after a bit of effort on my part they popped off and I became pantsless, and thus naked, as a fish. I felt better, and much more free, but I also realized that even though I still had my human memories and mind, without the pants there was no way for anyone tell that I was once a human. Since I was now naked, I now looked like just a regular fish that had been born that way. There was no way to get that pants back on either, even if I wanted to, but I ultimately felt good about this choice and swam off into the ocean to live life as a regular fish.

What do you think of all this? Being a nudist like me, would you have removed your "fish pants" in this situation like I did?

This topic was edited
RE:I had an interesting dream about nakedness...What do you think?

And I thought I had vivid dreams.

This post was edited

If your fish pants were uncomfortable, they'd ultimately affect how you swim, so you were right to ditch them. It's interested how those pants became a marker of your humanity and separated you from belonging to the greater fauna as a fish. There are spiritual practices related to the metaphor of breathing underwater to shed our fears and return to our root self. As the poet Hafiz expressed it many centuries ago: a fish in the water ain't thirsty. Shed your fish pants and live naked.

This post was edited

Nothing to do with fish, but I often think that when European explorers and settlers reached tropical areas, it would have made more sense for them to ditch most of not all of their clothes and live appropriately (un)dressed like native population instead of expecting the natives to adopt European dress stand which makes little sense in the tropics.

This post was edited

Nothing to do with fish, but I often think that when European explorers and settlers reached tropical areas, it would have made more sense for them to ditch most of not all of their clothes and live appropriately (un)dressed like native population instead of expecting the natives to adopt European dress stand which makes little sense in the tropics.

That's always an interesting perspective to explore and many cades of marooned seafarers showed that they would often 'go native'... But to truly understand why European folk expected the opposite is a huge study in psychology evolved out of sedentary living and is reflected in art, music, architecture and also engineering - European man come to believe they could control everything!

This post was edited

Nothing to do with fish, but I often think that when European explorers and settlers reached tropical areas, it would have made more sense for them to ditch most of not all of their clothes and live appropriately (un)dressed like native population instead of expecting the natives to adopt European dress stand which makes little sense in the tropics.That's always an interesting perspective to explore and many cades of marooned seafarers showed that they would often 'go native'... But to truly understand why European folk expected the opposite is a huge study in psychology evolved out of sedentary living and is reflected in art, music, architecture and also engineering - European man come to believe they could control everything!

Not only marooned seafarers but seafarers on-board in the tropics. One notable example is the Kon Tiki expedition. I read that the men essentially lived nude. Some of photos and movies taken on board couldn't be used because while the men who were the subjects put on shorts, there were nude ones in the background. As a marooned example, although a ficticious one, Tom Hanks in Cast Away found other uses for most of his clothing, leaving just enough cover to avoid an R rating!

This post was edited

This is a bit silly thinking Minamilits.

People living in the tropics are acclimatised to the sun the explores were not. If they abandoned their clothes they would burn badly and might even die from exposure or infection.

This post was edited

Fish pants is a metaphor in the public domain. The 14th century Persian poet Hafiz explored the theme well in "Trying To Wear Pants."

Dreams are private myths and myth is public dreams.

"You are a royal fish trying to wear pants in a country as foreign as land. Now there's a problem worth discussing...."

This post was edited

With the real possibility of offending someone, I eagerly quote South Park:

Do you enjoy eating fish sticks? Do you like putting fish sticks in your mouth? So what are you, a gay fish? Say it out loud to someone and you'll get it, but don't say it when they have a mouthful of something or you may get sprayed.

I do have naked dreams pretty often now, not overly surprisingly with me having chosen a life of nudism over the clothed, closed-minded, shallow world outside our community's gates. Making naked normal in my psyche by only wearing clothes when I have to has turned into a lovely dream realized. I wish everyone could do it, and I know it would make the world a much calmer place if they did.

This post was edited

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When hope was high and life worth living
I dreamed that love would never die
I prayed that God would be forgiving
Then I was young and unafraid
And dreams were made and used and wasted
There was no ransom to be paid
No song unsung, no wine untasted
But the tigers come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hopes apart
And they turn your dreams to shame

This post was edited

I dreamed a dream in time gone byWhen hope was high and life worth livingI dreamed that love would never dieI prayed that God would be forgivingThen I was young and unafraidAnd dreams were made and used and wastedThere was no ransom to be paidNo song unsung, no wine untastedBut the tigers come at nightWith their voices soft as thunderAs they tear your hopes apartAnd they turn your dreams to shame

May your love never die, may you always know a forgiving God, may you be unafraid, singing all your songs, tasting all of your wine. May you pet all the tigers that come out at night through the gifts of your God-given strength, intelligence and perseverance. This I bless you that life is good and all shall be well.

This post was edited