RE:What's your favorite swimwear at public beaches

Actually wore the tan through swim brief a few times this summer and it isn't really all that confining.
Considering buying a second one and taking the 2 of them and no other swimwear when we go to Florida this winter.

This post was edited

I love the lightweight fabrics for the fact that the water flows through them so easily and drains quickly that it approaches nude in terms of how it feels against the skin. The thinnest non-tan-through ones approach hosiery in terms of thickness and the opacity comes down to the colour. Royal blue is perhaps 95% opaque and resists all but the closest inspection whilst the yellow reveals the seams and a little more when dry, everything when wet.

This post was edited

Actually wore the tan through swim brief a few times this summer and it isn't really all that confining.Considering buying a second one and taking the 2 of them and no other swimwear when we go to Florida this winter.

Wound up taking a swim brief and short jammers. Used them both.

This post was edited

July of 1977. That was the last time I entered a pool, lake; river or any other body of water wearing anything more than a swim brief. 3" sides maximum. Now that I live in a 55+ community, I have continued that trend when I go to the pool or hot tub. I have received no negative comments, and a few positive comments especially from the women.

This post was edited

July of 1977. That was the last time I entered a pool, lake; river or any other body of water wearing anything more than a swim brief. 3" sides maximum. Now that I live in a 55+ community, I have continued that trend when I go to the pool or hot tub. I have received no negative comments, and a few positive comments especially from the women.

So you haven't worn more than a swim brief in almost 45 years?
Did you wear other swimsuits frequently before that or was this more of a rare event?
Do other men wear swim briefs at your community pool?

This post was edited

I wear thong suits at beaches where I know they're allowed but nudity isn't. At other beaches, and for lap swimming, I always wear brief-style suits. I like bright colors. They're much more comfortable in the water, they dry faster, they take up no room in a suitcase or gym bag. I am often the only one in a brief, but I'm not interested in conforming. Such is the philosophy of a nudist.

This post was edited

If I have to wear clothing at a beach, then I don't go to that beach. I would rather do something else, than wear clothing at a beach.

This post was edited

Have you tried leaving your house and going to the pool in just your swim briefs yet?

This post was edited