RE:Nudist footwear

I've switched to Earth Runners. They are expensive, but you have options that you don't have with Xeros.

What kind of options?

This post was edited

My feet are very sensitive on the bottom, so when outside walking, I need some kind of footwear. If I don't have footwear, I am at risk of injuring myself. That's how sensitive the bottoms of my feet are. However, if I am just sitting outside, I take off the footwear. It is just the walking outside that is the issue.

As far as what footwear I use, I have some easy slip on/off sneakers. They work best for me as sandals, flip flops or even slippers doesn't work for me.

Inside I am always barefoot.

This post was edited

I used to go barefoot, then I was stung by a stingray in my left foot, right in the arch, at blacks beach in San Diego CA. Now I wear water shoes at ocean beaches and reef sandals anywhere else.

This post was edited

I prefer barefoot. If you're going to be naked, then be fully naked. Now, while hiking or biking or where the ground hurts my feet, then appropriate footwear is required. I have been nude hiking and had on Hiking boots. I wore running shoes while running naked. Let's be smart about it.

This post was edited

For hiking I have a pair of quite minimalistic trail running shoes from the Merrell trail glove series which I use as backup when barefoot isn't possible. But usually they keep staying in the backpack. They are very lightweight and comfortable, but have a good grippy Vibram sole. I think the minimalistic design fits somehow with being naked, at least more then heavy hiking boots.

This post was edited

I prefer to be barefoot as much as possible. But when footwear is more comfortable or required, I like to wear rope sandals. While at a clothing optional campground in Arizona 3 yrs ago they were being sold by Trish of "Naked Hippies Way". I wear them all the time. With clothes too. Get lots of positive comments.

This post was edited

Sadly I have permanent damage to my metatarsals and can't go very long/far barefoot (which when nude completes the experience).
So I use Sketchers flip flops ('thongs' here in Australia) most of the time.
For nude hiking I use Merrill low tops which are sensational. When I get to destination though I slip them off to have some true nude time!

This post was edited

For hiking situations where barefoot is not possible or just too dangerous, I own a pair of very lightweight Merrell trail glove shoes, from an older version line. They have a good Vibram sole, but are quite minimalistic though. Usually they can stay in the backpack ;-)

This post was edited

We both have Tevas for walking around/hiking and sliders when by the pool. I also have a 25 cent pair of Walmart flip flops for use at our outdoor shower. If they get wet I just leave them out in the sun until they dry off. Uncomfortable as hell to walk in, though!

This post was edited

For hiking, I am a heavy boot kinda guy so I wear my custom-made Limmers when on the trail. So, in the mountains, it's boots, socks, and a pack.
For lesser walks, it's a pair of Tevas that have good grip and are very comfortable. With sensitive soles, as others have mentioned, barefoot is only for indoors.

This post was edited