Korean Spas not for the shy

Korean Spas not for the shy guys

I love Korean Spas, they are the closest thing to the old communal showers, they normally have strict rules that nudity is mandatory in the wet area which usually includes the steam room, sauna and the spas. Everything that you are wearing goes into a locker and you walk naked to the communal shower area. Then there are 2 types of showers to pick from, conventional standing showers or the traditional Korean sitting showers where you sit on a stool and have a washcloth and small bowl. They take it serious that you do a complete soapy wash and rinse before using any of the amenities of the wet area, they usually provide razors and toothbrushes to use in the showers. Afterwards you are free to walk around naked and visit the steam room, sauna and any of the spas that are of different temperatures. Some will have a salt room to relax or have a raised heated floor with mats to lay naked on. For the more adventurous and for an additional fee, you can get a full body scrub from an employee. He will scrub you from head to toe leaving nothing untouched using a special soap and cleaning cloth to remove all the dead skin. It is well worth it and your skin will come out baby smooth. It is total freedom and very rewarding spending time naked at a Korean Spa, once you accept this new found freedom that you forget that you are naked while using the Korean Spa, the hardest part is going back to your locker and putting your clothes back on.

This topic was edited
RE:Korean Spas not for the shy

Korean Spas not for the shy guysI love Korean Spas, they are the closest thing to the old communal showers, they normally have strict rules that nudity is mandatory in the wet area which usually includes the steam room, sauna and the spas. Everything that you are wearing goes into a locker and you walk naked to the communal shower area. Then there are 2 types of showers to pick from, conventional standing showers or the traditional Korean sitting showers where you sit on a stool and have a washcloth and small bowl. They take it serious that you do a complete soapy wash and rinse before using any of the amenities of the wet area, they usually provide razors and toothbrushes to use in the showers. Afterwards you are free to walk around naked and visit the steam room, sauna and any of the spas that are of different temperatures. Some will have a salt room to relax or have a raised heated floor with mats to lay naked on. For the more adventurous and for an additional fee, you can get a full body scrub from an employee. He will scrub you from head to toe leaving nothing untouched using a special soap and cleaning cloth to remove all the dead skin. It is well worth it and your skin will come out baby smooth. It is total freedom and very rewarding spending time naked at a Korean Spa, once you accept this new found freedom that you forget that you are naked while using the Korean Spa, the hardest part is going back to your locker and putting your clothes back on.

I totally agree. Very well said. Thank you.

This post was edited

I agree with everything you say other than your heading: Korean spas are great places for the shy. Since nudity is mandatory, you can't feel "different" for being naked. Small towels are available to cover you genitals if you feel awkward, but after a few minutes you acclimate. I believe that most Korean spas are mixed gender with men's and women's wet areas (mandatory nudity for showers, steam room, hot and cold water baths, massages, etc.) and a clothed mixed gender area for dry warm baths made of different materials. It's a great experience!
Here's a video from a man who used Korean spas to get over his bullied past and fear of nudity: From "Never Nude" to Nudist: How I Stripped Down & Gained Confidence

This post was edited

That sounds like a wonderful place to visit. Are these spas available in the US? I would love to try one for a day. I live in Arizona.

This post was edited

I know there are some in the northeastern US.
Don't know about Arizona.

This post was edited

sounds like an awesome experience. I have had similar ones in Muslim parts of the world. Trouble is they are too modest and shorts are required. I wish they would relax and let it all hang out.

This post was edited

That sounds like a wonderful place to visit. Are these spas available in the US? I would love to try one for a day. I live in Arizona.

All I could find online is a members only Korean Spa in Tempe/Scottsdale called Navers Korean Spa.

This post was edited

I have visited several Korean Spas while visiting the NYC area.
They are spotlessly clean and very comfortable.
I look forward to finding new Korean Spa venues when I move south.

This post was edited

I found a website for Navers Korean spa in Tempe. I asked a friend to check it out. The address is an old office building. They have not responded to my email inquiry. The image on the website is of the LA spa.

This post was edited

Spa World and King Spa in northern Virginia are great. They are the largest, but there are more smaller spas in the area.

You can often get a Groupon for Spa World. Have t looked for King Spa yet.

This post was edited