Nudist lifestyle village - where are you?

I keep asking myself why nobody has built a lifestyle village, like a retirement (or over 50's) for nudies. It seems that with the housing crisis we are experiencing here in Australia that any higher density living would be a no brainer.

We already have lifestyle villages here in Australia built around golf courses and nature reserves (and one even around a winery). They usually have a single point of entry with a concierge or security service, and the community title model, where you have land in common and share the costs of maintenance, is more than well developed here. The precedent set by over 50's villages as a development is also a well worn path and seems to have no abatement.

Like an over 50's village I would imagine that there is no reason why such a nudist lifestyle village could not have a cafe, mini movie cinema, putt putt golf, pool, gardens, vegie patch and tennis courts (or should that be pickle ball) in the common areas - may be not all these but perhaps some.

Ideally the village could even have a centre for nudism where outsiders could visit and learn about nudism history, art, cinema, theology and philosophy etc.

I would certainly invest in putting a portable home into a village like this. Even if it means I only use it on weekends and for holidays.

So does anybody know if outside of Cap d'Agde is there any such lifestyle villages anywhere else in the world?

This topic was edited
RE:Nudist lifestyle village - where are you?

There's one at Narrabri NSW. I stayed there recently. You can buy a place there to live.

This post was edited

I have seen several mentioned here at one time or another.

This post was edited

A lot of US nudist resorts are like a lifestyle village, especially where four season nudity is possible.

This post was edited

yes they are, there is a number of them

This post was edited

Lot of answers saying yes there are...but only one gives a location so I can research further and try to find out out what it looks like and possibly how it got approved

This post was edited

Charco De Palo on Lanzarote is a fully naturist village. We spend four weeks a year there.

Spielplatz in the south of England is a nudist resort that has some full time residents, but I doubt they live fully naked outside the warmer months.

Ive heard some of the other landed clubs offer long term pitches. But again, its not really practical in the winter.

This post was edited

look up locations on here, will find all the websites of resorts there in U.S.

This post was edited

It could be all having to do with the laws in the country where one lives. Especially with the all the remote areas and smaller general population in a place like Australia, it seems obvious that there should be (and may already are) places like the OP desires. Certainly, here in the USA there are many, many places just like this - in a fashion. These US naked places are typically privately owned or maintained as cooperatives, so, not like Cap d'Agde, where the government of France has essentially allowed and encouraged a large part of the city to become a nude-friendly area (from what I've heard and read). Mind you, the laws in some American states do forbid any social nudity, on private land or not, and in others, social nudism is fully accepted, and laws do tend to shift.

Others here have suggested doing more looking around, though I don't know the avenues for doing research into the bare possibilities in Australia. In America, we have nude associations such as TNS, AANR and others that maintain websites listing nude communities and resorts, so I'd wager a small bet there are equivalents in the land down under.

This post was edited

look up locations on here, will find all the websites of resorts there in U.S.

We're not looking for resorts. We're searching for villages where people live permanently

This post was edited

It could be all having to do with the laws in the country where one lives. Especially with the all the remote areas and smaller general population in a place like Australia, it seems obvious that there should be (and may already are) places like the OP desires. Certainly, here in the USA there are many, many places just like this - in a fashion. These US naked places are typically privately owned or maintained as cooperatives, so, not like Cap d'Agde, where the government of France has essentially allowed and encouraged a large part of the city to become a nude-friendly area (from what I've heard and read). Mind you, the laws in some American states do forbid any social nudity, on private land or not, and in others, social nudism is fully accepted, and laws do tend to shift.Others here have suggested doing more looking around, though I don't know the avenues for doing research into the bare possibilities in Australia. In America, we have nude associations such as TNS, AANR and others that maintain websites listing nude communities and resorts, so I'd wager a small bet there are equivalents in the land down under.

The golf course estate I previously lived in was modelled off those in the USA. At the time I lived there it had no precedent here in Australia. While there was already community title estates none had incorporated a golf club.

The community title scheme for land ownership is ideal for what I think could be done . Such title has to have a community statement and it's most likely that needs municipal approval, and that's where I think it would fall over. Hard to imagine a council here approving a nudist club!

This post was edited