RE:This site sucks

[quoteCan't speak for others, but I did because I felt that as an active participant, I should contribute something to the maintenance of the site.

I signed up for a lifetime membership about ten years ago for the same reason. The site has not been updated since the mid 2000's, I'm not aware of maintenance and if the moderators have guidelines, they're not objectively followed. Enter AI and words and threads are deleted without merit. It's a shame how the site owners have mismanaged the site.

This post was edited
RE:Account deletion/Closing account

Ya mean they do not ban people for no reason like they do here? Wow, what a wonderful concept........a chat room where people can chat freely without fear of being abused by out of control mods.

That is correct. Free to chat without fear of saying the wrong thing. It's a totally different vibe. Everyone that's moved over who I've chatted to is enjoying their new freedom.

This post was edited

Yes, I have been a lifetime member for a very long time. It has changed dramatically and not for the better. Its not all their fault. The credit card companies censorship policies makes it hard to survive and clearly customers have migrated to less restrictive platforms.

This post was edited

I've never done chat, really, don't have an interest. But I'm - what, 14 years in now - and have certainly seen changes. The persistent sexualization, for me, is a problem because I enjoy actually talking with people and learning about them, not just exchanging approval of one anothers' body parts. It's utterly maddening to post a photo in which something is happening - say, packing a food coop order, or picking beans - and get only "nice [body part]. The scope of forum topics over the years has narrowed drastically. The women have largely disappeared.

This post was edited

How can I delete my account? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Here you go. This should help ...
imgbox.com/hYT1sDuI

This post was edited