sunburnt little fella

went to my fav sunbaking spot yesterday and got a bit sunburnt and my penis and balls are a bit red today to say the least.lol.
anyone have a remidy other than covering it up.

This topic was edited
RE: sunburnt little fella

I really hate it when it happens to me!!! A little coconut oil feels good but don't knowifit actually helps. Time is the sure fireremedy.

This post was edited

This happened to me after a weeklong stay at Birch Acres in Mass in 1988. Not really discolored, but very skin-sensitive. Every day of that week was sunny and hot. An ounce of sunblock is much better than a pound of discomfort and pain after.

This post was edited
sunburnt little fella

Never been burned bad enough there that it required special treatment, so I can't help you in your delemma. Unless I camp out in the Sun, that's the only place where I do get burned. That means it's the only place that gets sunblock.

This post was edited
RE: Burnt privates

DON'T use anything oil based! It may feel soothing initially but will actually prolong the burn and may cause further sensitivity. Use an aloe based lotion or an aloe gel or even better yet, if you happen to have an aloe plant ...use fresh aloe (cut open the leafand rub the jelly like innards on your skin). Aloe heals burns faster than anything. Take ibuprofen to help relieve some of the pain.

I've heard chamomile works well too. Buy chamomile tea, soak the bags in tepid water and then use them as compresses. Or you can also make a compress out of equal parts milk and cold water.

And next time don't forget the sunscreen...all over!

Jen

This post was edited

To take the burn away from any area, get into a tub of water, not cold. It will hurt for a few moments, but it works. Keep applying a moisterizing cream. After bathing, put on a moisturizer before drying off. To prevent peeling, the moisturizer needs to be applied a number of times during the day.

Any color I now get is from sitting in the shade or when out on the water. If you are alone at a nudist venue, find someone to wake you up every so often to re-apply sunscreen. Even if it's waterproof, it still needs to be reapplied.

This post was edited

I would echo Jen's advice about anything oil based. It might feel good, but could lead infection in some cases. Definitley want to use aloe vera - either gel or directly from the plant. I've used it for sunburn (fortunately not on my privates) and it is quite effective. The advice from all of the posters has been good, you would do wise to heed it.
Cheers,
Mike

This post was edited