Potters Falls - Six Mile Creek in Ithaca

Do people still go there to sunbathe nude? I know it was tolerated for decades.

This topic was edited
RE:Potters Falls - Six Mile Creek in Ithaca

Up until I moved a few months ago, I regularly visited Potter's Falls Six Mile Creek in Ithaca to enjoy nude sunbathing.
It has always been one of my favorite places to enjoy.
People still go there to enjoy skinny-dipping and nude sunbathing, but the numbers have dropped significantly.
Unfortunately, there had been some unwanted harassing by local college kids who have issues with nudity.
Last summer, while I was there, I was told by another local resident that there was a guy on the trails who was taking photos of the sunbathers and notifying Police.
If you do go there, I would suggest going on a weekday instead of the weekends. Less college kids. More enjoyable.
Find a nice secluded spot and soak up the sun. Enjoy.

This post was edited

Times change! Rembember when the middle aged "establishment" used to complain about how youth were destroying American morality? What happened to make youth so afraid of someone else's genitals and even their own shadow?

This post was edited

Indeed times change, Andy! When I was a student in Ithaca in the early '70s, there was a reservoir in the woods where young people swam and sunbathed in the nude. On any given day, about half the folks there did so. No harassment, no fuss. Here in Southern California, we have magnificent hot springs at Deep Creek on a branch of the Mojave River. For centuries native Americans used these springs. Later, for decades nudity-without-hassle was the tradition for visitors there, but in recent years teenagers (high school to college-age) have been frequenting the place--and most of them do so clothed. This has definitely changed the vibe for nudists.

This post was edited