Posting pics

I am new to this site. Due to the sensitive nature of my job, I am concerned about posting pictures of myself. Does anyone feel that this is an issue with this site?

This topic was edited
RE: Posting pics

First, take a look at my profile and copy the privacy statement I have there, put it on your profile if you wish. I copied it from someone else too. If you are going to post pics, I recommend the following: Pics posted for "all users" access should be tasteful and unidentifiable, meaning your face can't clearly be seen. If you post pics that are more identifiable, select "certified users only" or "certified friends only". There are two reasons for that; If someone you work with sees your photos, they are not in a position to "out" you, since they had to provide a naked picture of themselves to get certified, and they are probably unlikely to want to cause you harm anyway. Second, if they are certified friends, and you've taken some time to learn something about them, you are probably going to be safe. Just pick your friends carefully!
The biggest worry is someone making a copy of a picture and posting it somewhere else where you have no control. If the pic is unidentifiable, you are unlikely to have any issues. An employer would have to prove your identity to take action against you, depending on who you work for, that is.
Most importantly, don't make any mention of your job, what you do, who you work for or even what field you are in on this site, and never, ever tell anyone you work with about your participation on this site either. There is always the danger of a coworker using knowledge of your private life for political gain.
Just my humble suggestions, anyway.

This post was edited

I used to have photos posted but I took them down because of certain abusive a$$holes. I will only share with those who prove to be here to act like 'normal' people and want to engage in civilized and 'normal' conversation. Such conversations do NOT involve body parts, children, animals, or any other perverted sickness. If you have a sensitive job, as others here do, then keep your photos private and ONLY share with those who prove themselves worthy of them. People are not entitled to your photos and those idiots who will abuse your photos (and you) are not worth the time of day. Pick and chose the people that you communicate with carefully.

This post was edited

Thanks for the advice.

This post was edited

have u peoplebeen on the internet for about a week don'tput nude photos that u don't want out. people will take it easy

This post was edited

Why would you want to post pictures? What feature or benefit of the site are you missing by not having pictures posted?

This post was edited

I don't mind who knows or sees me as a nudist, I don't have any work-related issues that my nudism could be a problem with and I see no reason to be ashamed personally about being a nudist or seen naked. However my partner does have work-related issues where her nudism would most likely be a problem. We didn't used to share recognisable fully nude photos of either of us online, I was working in an area where nudism could have been a problem too. We either showed ourselves with our faces turned away or from the rear. I changed my job to one where nudism is not an issue. We talked over whether nude and recognisable photos of me could be a problem if I was seen by people from, or associated, with her work. We shared a few of just me without any problems and then posted a few where we were both nude with her face turned away but me fully recognisable, some got stolen and posted elsewhere. We stopped sharing for a while, then posted a few of just me again. We haven't shared any photos online since with just my partner or both of us in, nude or clothed. This was a few years ago and we continue doing the same. There are a lot more fully nude and recognisable photos of me online now and we've never had a problem, but we had a close shave and won't risk it again while her work is an issues, she really enjoys her work, so that's not likely to change.
We'd like to openly share our nudist photos because we love this way of life and enjoy meeting other nudists, but unfortunately not everyone respects the fact that they are our photos. We'd like to both be nude here just as we are at public beaches, sometimes if it is just me that people see naked here they won't add us as friends, which we understand.
I hope that helps you decide what to do.

This post was edited

There is a very serious problem in the USA for teachers.If a teacher posts anything on-line that might be construed as inappropriate or embarrassing, then a student will find that information and use it to embarrass the teacher with the result that the teacher will most likely be fired. People in nations other then the USA just have no idea how bad this problem is. The USA is a nation of prudes, maintains a hypocritical 'proper' image, and then goes behind the scenes to engage in all sorts of deviant behavior. Even though nudism is not deviant, the majority of the American society does not see it this way. The sad thing about on-line nudism is that it is far too much about photos and appearances and virtually ignores decent and intelligent conversation.

This post was edited

Well said Sunluver. As I often say here, the USA is supposed to be the "Land of the Free", and we are supposed to have the right to "Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness". But, sadly, we do not. Many other countries in the World have more personal freedom that we have here. The funny thing about it is that it's not the "government" that restricts our freedom really, it's the people who feel they have a right to impose their personal beliefs and sense of "morality" on everyone else. The issue with the school teachers is a perfect example. Most kids are raised to believe that there is something wrong with being naked. So, when they see a naked picture of their teacher, it's a "bad" thing, and the stupid adults who were raised the same way reinforce it. If my kids saw a naked picture of their teacher on line somewhere they would think nothing of it, other than "cool, my teacher is a nudist too". They were raised in a nudist household...still are. They think wearing swimsuits in a pool is crazy, and would rather swim at home where they don't have to wear one.
I don't know if it will get worse for us in the future, with the anger and hatred boiling up in this country right now. I fear we are in for a rough time when it comes to personal freedoms that we are barely hanging onto as it is. Posting pics here may someday be a crime!

This post was edited

H8cloz,Things are not getting better.........they are getting worse. Most people in the USA do fear for their jobs. They fear that empolyers will use any excuse to fire themon a whim. We need not look beyond WalMart - the largest employer in the majority of states - and their need to constantly hire new people to replace those who are either fired or quit shortly after starting work. Nudism in the USA has been stuck in a time warp. If anything, since the 1960's when nudism was more accepted, nudism has become more 'grey' and the numbers of active nudists has decreased. The majority of young people today have absolutely no interest in being nude. This is something that their parents or grandparents do or did. Intelligent people need to think before rushing off to judgement about others and the reasons why they do what they do - i.e. to chose to post or not post photos. No one should ever be abused for posting any reasonable photos and yet some in this forum do exactly that and then claim to have some kind of extraordinary ability to judge on-line character. Utter nonsense! Live and let live.

This post was edited

I am here to read how others are dealing with trying to be nude in
a textile world. I am here to see how others can or cannot get
their significant other to accept nudism as natural and notperverted.
Unfortunately the images most people have of people that are
seen nude are of promiscuous perverts and exhibitionists.
When I see a new name, I look at their profile. I look at the
pictures to see if there is some level of sincerity to being nude.
Are the pictures limited to bedrooms, bathrooms or locker rooms?

Bob

[09/28/2016: thanksCentauri4 for pointing out my missing word. I have placed the "not" where it should have been.]

This post was edited