What hope for a single guy?

I'm a single guy which means a large proportion of people on this site explicitly state they do not wish to hear from me or, it would seem, treat any approaches with unspoken suspicion. I can understand why single guys may need to be approached with caution, and its obvious that some on this site are anything but sincere nudists but, given that I am sincere, what hope for me? Any thoughts would be appreciated!

This topic was edited
RE: What hope for a single guy?

Move forward and respect people's wishes. Make certain that when you do make contact, that it is within good taste. Don't worry about those that have "no single males." If they see you are real by reading your other posts and your profile, they may come to you instead. There are too many other people that allow for open discussion to worry about the ones that don't.

This post was edited

I am also here as a single (widower) and have found many, male and female, straight and gay,peoplewith whom I have great interaction. This is not something that happened immediately upon joining but developed with time and posts which let people know more about my personality, interests and genuineness. I do not have a large list of friends as I feel one must frequently interact with them and timelimitationspreclude this but I thoroughly enjoy the forum, responses and theoccasionalpersonal message. I do not visit the chat site but that may also be an avenue for you to explore. In any case with patience I feel that you will lose the (understandable) feeling ofbeing out of the loop and will make friends with some great people. If you should send a friend request to anyone also send a personal message explaining why you wish to add them to your list, ie shared interests etc.
Good luck

This post was edited

Thanks for all these responses and useful advice! Maybe I'm being too impatient!

This post was edited

I hear what you're saying, I've tried to join a local nudist group close to where I live but they will not let me join because I am a single male. It's very frustrating because I want to meet and interact with other nudists instead of just being a home nudist. I don't know what else to do?
Are you sure that these two are not welcoming single men?:
Sunny Chinooks Camping Association
PO Box 43056 Deer Valley Postal Outlet
1221 Canyon Meadows Drive SE
Calgary, AB T2J 7A7
403-274-8166
emailadvantedge@shaw.ca

Helios Nudist Association
Box 8, Site 1, RR #2
Tofield, AB T0B 4J0
780-662-2886
email: helios.vp.memberships@gmail.com
There is also a group here: https://www.truenudists.com/group/107/

What about visiting Wreck Beach. I have a very good friend or three who do visit there

This post was edited

I'm actually pretty new to nudism so I'm not entirely clear what constitutes a nudist. Prurience and exploiting nudity for sexual gratification do not seem to me to be appropriate in this context but sexuality itself is surely part of the human condition whether one is a nudist or not. How are you defining sexuality in this context?
How do I get G rated or any other rated? What am I rated now if anything?

This post was edited

Am I in a group that promotes sexual activity? I hope not as I was at pains to avoid them.

This post was edited

Am I in a group that promotes sexual activity? I hope not as I was at pains to avoid them.

No, but smoking weed is not legal here

This post was edited

Lots of hope for the single guy - it just takes time.
Keep posting you will be noticed and many times you will have friends without ever having to add them.

This post was edited

I know how you feel shevek, as I'm a single guy too. Here aretwo lines takenfrom NudeInMA in aresponse to your topic. "Unfortunately, nudism is not free of the cultural bias against single men, who are viewed only as life support mechanisms for their willies, and who are presumed guilty of being sex-obsessed predators until they prove themselves innocent", and "Thus, a single man in a nudist environment must prove himself in a way that is not required of a single woman or a couple. Fair? Hell, no. But that's the way it is". I just want to thank NudeInMA for hitting the nail on it's head.

This post was edited

Being a single man I have encounted this problem most of my life when I was younger it was ok as everyone wanted to Know you. Yet as you grow old people start to suspect your motives. I say what the hell. I free single and I enjoy beening naked so if other nudist can't respect that then it's their problem and not mine.

This post was edited