YMCA QUESTION

Hello i am 18 and new to the whole nudist thing and i recently joined the YMCA on a year long membership.
My question is about the locker room and the sauna room.
1. The Locker Room why do people find issue with me undressing in public mostly people my own age i find it annoying that they freak out calling me gay (which im not) just because im comfortable wth my body and such so is it not appropriate to do that?
2. The sauna room i went in the first day i joined and there were nothing but naked older men i felt like a lack sheep in my towel, should i just let it all fly the next time i go?

Sorry i just realized i should have posted this in young nudists section forgive me

This topic was edited
RE: YMCA QUESTION

No one can assist me?

This post was edited
RE: YMCA

thanks but is it custom to be nude in the sauna?

This post was edited

thanks but is it custom to be nude in the sauna?
Not having been anywhere near a Y I would not be able to comment on the policies there. I would suggest that you make enquiries about that with whoever is in charge. Then you will will know if the nudity you have experienced is officially allowed. You do not make any comment about if you would be interested in joining them. If you are you could may be just go with the flow and join in if/when you feel comfortable.

This post was edited

thanks but is it custom to be nude in the sauna?Not having been anywhere near a Y I would not be able to comment on the policies there. I would suggest that you make enquiries about that with whoever is in charge. Then you will will know if the nudity you have experienced is officially allowed. You do not make any comment about if you would be interested in joining them. If you are you could may be just go with the flow and join in if/when you feel comfortable.

This post was edited

Hello i am 18 and new to the whole nudist thing and i recently joined the YMCA on a year long membership. My question is about the locker room and the sauna room. 1. The Locker Room why do people find issue with me undressing in public mostly people my own age i find it annoying that they freak out calling me gay (which im not) just because im comfortable wth my body and such so is it not appropriate to do that? 2. The sauna room i went in the first day i joined and there were nothing but naked older men i felt like a lack sheep in my towel, should i just let it all fly the next time i go?Sorry i just realized i should have posted this in young nudists section forgive me
1. Undressing at the Y in the locker room shouldn't be an issue thats why they call it the locker room, when I went to the Y about a year ago, no one had any problems with dressing and undressing or walking to or from the showers, however I would guess it would depend on where are atgeographically, and mind set of the people there... some people are brainwashed on being nude more than others. and some people are more homophobic than other also..
2. As far as thesauna, the Y I was amemberof had a co-ed sauna, so you had to wear shorts/swimsuit (unless you were the only one in there.... There is a huge generation gap between the young and older generation as far as being nude goes,
Just remember the general population is programmed by the media, religion, politics, and view the world like mindless droans unable to make a logical decision. "if someone said it... it has to be true"

This post was edited

Please referring to the YMCA I had post in the past. it sad to see Y, they are requiring us to wearing swimsuite and towel in sauna and whoolpool area and men or boy are taking shower with their short. that SAD!

This post was edited
Nude at the Y

It's really sad the way things have evolved. Years ago (I'm talking the 80s!) nudity was normal in any locker room. We changed, walked to the showers and wet area (sauna, steam room, whirlpool) naked and no one ever commented and I don't remember ever seeing guys doing the towel dance. Nowadays however it's totally different. I recently went to a club outside of New Orleans and was surprised to see guys showering in their underwear or staying in swimsuits in the sauna/steam rooms. I went in naked, with a towel, and was told that I had to put something on. IT WAS A MENS ONLY LOCKER ROOM! And the guy who told me that was at least my age. I just left. I gues living in Europe for the last 15 years has spoiled me or something but the US' attitudes toward nudity has certainly caused naturists to go into the closet it seems.

This post was edited

First off, you shouldn't be concerned whether the locker room is full of "old men" or young guys. That tells me you aren't as comfortable about your nudity as you want us to believe. Forget what others are doing and how old or young they are and just be who you are. Also, as one member suggested, learn the rules at that particular YMCA. If nudity is ok in certain areas but not in others you'll know. Most Y's are pretty liberal about nudity but you don't want to break a rule or offend anyone. As to your friends... when in a group, do as the group does. If they wear clothes or swim trunks then you do likewise. Nothing brings out the beast in people like being the only "different one".

This post was edited

i don't know if i went to the y or anywhere else if my friends went to shower in his underwear i don't think i would shower in my underwear, when i finish a workout i'm going to get nude and wash off the sweat, if i was in school and others didn't shower they would have to turn the water back on cause i don't want to stink the rest of the day, we are such a screwed up society...

This post was edited

First off, you shouldn't be concerned whether the locker room is full of "old men" or young guys. That tells me you aren't as comfortable about your nudity as you want us to believe. Forget what others are doing and how old or young they are and just be who you are. Also, as one member suggested, learn the rules at that particular YMCA. If nudity is ok in certain areas but not in others you'll know. Most Y's are pretty liberal about nudity but you don't want to break a rule or offend anyone. As to your friends... when in a group, do as the group does. If they wear clothes or swim trunks then you do likewise. Nothing brings out the beast in people like being the only "different one".

Go with the group? If you are have a strong enough group of friends and you are strong minded yourself then just do what you are going to do. Do not worry about what others think. I remember from high school through college I would always shower and I would never do the damned "towel dance." People tried to make fun of me in high school, but that is where having a mind comes in. They stunk, I didn't, and I let them know it. Same thing in college. There were more guys that showered and didn't care in college than in high school, but you need to do what is right for you and be true to yourself.

And regardless of whether you are gay or straight, young or old, why does it matter what the other people look like or do? You go to the Y for your benefit -- not someone else.

This post was edited