Heh the Y is definetly NOT NUDE FRIENDLY!!

Would be a good start if they were for sure!!

This post was edited

Are you kidding me???

@ the Y??? Thats awesome... Was everyone else nude also??

I asked one of the guards in the pool once what they would do if someone came out of the locker room NAKED and they said they would ask them to put clothes on.. (Or something like that)

This post was edited
RE: YMCA Question

I have been to the Y and I have been to other gyms. And in all honesty, I've noticed that men and boys are more open about nudity at the Y than anywhere else. At the other gyms, I've seen guys change in private stalls or using other means to cover their privates. Additionally, more of them shower with their suits on. But at the Y I've seen more males around the locker room completely nude.
As far as I can tell, the Y still promotes that kind of openness more than any other place. But I always wish that I had been born early enough so I could have experienced it back during its "glory days" (as I like to call them).

This post was edited
RE: YMCA Question

Years ago when I was a member of the Y it was not uncommon for us to walk around the locker rooms completely nude, in fact when I first joined there were swims for men and high-school boys nylon suits or no suits. When the Y went co-ed the bathing suit policy changed and suits of any kind were required. I was sorry because I thought my skinny-dipping days were over, but the bright side is that I found a local nudist club that I could join. There I found the benefits of being nude in the fresh air and sunshine. I now live in a clothing optional community

This post was edited
RE: YMCA QUESTION

I've been to many Y's in many different cities. I've never seen it where guys cover up. Every place I've ever been, you always see nude guys in the locker rooms.
There are a couple that I go to now. One is an older Y that has a huge locker room. There are two saunas, and steam rooms. A nice big whirlpool that almost everyone uses nude. The y has a towel service so towels aren't an issue and you still see guys walking around without them. No one gives them a second thought.

This post was edited

I find the YMCA to be mixed when it comes to that. I used to live in a location where then mens lockerroom had gang showers and steam room... nude was not a big deal. When they added an addition lockers were added with stall showers and private changing rooms attached. Luckily they kept the old lockers as well.

This post was edited

The gym I go to now has no rules posted about nudity. The closest thing they do state is that you should wear shorts or have a towel in the sauna.
When I go to the sauna, I usually let the situation dictate how nude I get. In other words, if I am alone, I just sit there on my towel. If others are there and they are covered up or dressed, I will just wrap the towel around my waist.
If someone is there that is nude and sitting on their towel, I will do likewise, as I will be more comfortable and perhaps they won't feel like a lone nude person.
Best of luck.
Stay Naked!

This post was edited

People covering up in the locker room and the lack of shared showers (our new Y only has private stalls) is a very poor trend and the change of attitude in the schools letting kids not shower is part of the blame.

This post was edited

Ya. I can't say when I was a kid I wanted to shower but it was good they made us. I think it's really bad hygene to go all day after pe without showering.

This post was edited

I get nude in the change room at the Y all the time. I never let it bother me. I shower nude too. I just wish the Y would go back and allow nude swimming again.

This post was edited