RE: YMCA QUESTION

Just remember, you will be an old man one day and quicker than you think. How will you want to thought of then by the young 18 year olds?

This post was edited

It is absolutely normal men to shower in gang showers, like in a gym at school naked. In my country it will be very strange if they are not naked there.

This post was edited

I find it depends on the Y too.

There's one near uptown Charlotte that is far more relaxed with nudity, although they still ask for "modesty". The Y near my home that I just started going to is very paranoid about it. There are a lot of guys there that sit in the sauna and steamroom with their underwear on (not swimsuits...underwear...) AND they take a shower in their underwear too. If you're paranoid about nude that's one thing...but showering in your underwear?

This post was edited

Years ago I was a member of one of the YMCAs in the New England area. When I joined it they had swims for men and high school boys only and the rule was nylon suits or no suits. Often high school boys would come in from playing basket ball or something in the gym and want to jump into the pool with their gym shorts on. The lifeguard would tell them that gym shorts were not allowed in the pool and they would have to be removed if they wanted to go into the pool. Most of the boys complied and swam nude. I enjoyed the freedom of swimming suit free and took advantage of doing so. Nudity in the locker room, steam room, and sauna was not an issue as nudity was the norm in those areas. A few years later the Y went co-ed. All swims were coed and suits (of any kind) were required. I was sad because I thought my skinny-dipping days were over. However when I found out about a nudist resort that was not all that far from me I made my first visit and became a member as soon as I could. Little did I know when I made that visit that it would result in a major change in my life.

This post was edited
Worry not

Don't stress it man, these guys are probably jealous that you accept your body and aren't uncomfortable with nudity. I found the tip is just act like nothings different, when I used to go to the Y and a YMCA Camp social nudity was awkward but those feelings quickly went away once we all realized that we all need to shower, and we all need to change, getting undressed was just another step.
As for nudity in a sauna it all depends what your local Y says, I know at my gym nudity is allowed, but at another gym in the same town you must be covered up with a towel. So find out the facts before you emulate those men.

This post was edited
RE: Worry not

Don't stress it man, these guys are probably jealous that you accept your body and aren't uncomfortable with nudity. I found the tip is just act like nothings different, when I used to go to the Y and a YMCA Camp social nudity was awkward but those feelings quickly went away once we all realized that we all need to shower, and we all need to change, getting undressed was just another step. As for nudity in a sauna it all depends what your local Y says, I know at my gym nudity is allowed, but at another gym in the same town you must be covered up with a towel. So find out the facts before you emulate those men.
That is sad to hear that in order going to Ys. I think people should be more open mind, not to be uptight about nudisty.

This post was edited
RE: YMCA nudity

I have been a member for many years now and when in the Mens locker room, everyone is fine with nudity. You have to be a member and 18 years old and up just to be in the mens locker room upstairs. So we have the locker rooms, showers, both wet and dry saunas, hot tub, and massage room all upstairs and everyone that I have seen is perfectly fine with nudity. I have my PA and Nipps piercings and no one says a word to me. Everyone is friendly and nice to one another.. THE WAY IT SHOULD BE.
I wish my Y will become like your Y. Mine is pretty strick about nudity, for the most part you are require a swimtrunk or towel.

This post was edited

Being nude in ANY locker room is normal- it is where you go to change your clothes!
And the idea of someone showering while wearing underwear? Boggles my mind!
We are all the same gender in the locker room, and anyone who is afraid to get undressed is obviously homophobic. same goes for the sauna - unless it is co-ed. Nudity is the norm in a sauna, where the idea is to sweat out body toxins, so what is the point of wearing clothing, if the toxins are still going to remain in close contact with your skin?
Stand up and go with what you believe in, be a true nudist!
Don't allow the prudes to win something this fundamentally wrong.

This post was edited

Being nude in ANY locker room is normal- it is where you go to change your clothes! And the idea of someone showering while wearing underwear? Boggles my mind! We are all the same gender in the locker room, and anyone who is afraid to get undressed is obviously homophobic. same goes for the sauna - unless it is co-ed. Nudity is the norm in a sauna, where the idea is to sweat out body toxins, so what is the point of wearing clothing, if the toxins are still going to remain in close contact with your skin? Stand up and go with what you believe in, be a true nudist! Don't allow the prudes to win something this fundamentally wrong.
I've talk to some guys who wear sauna suite at the sauna, those sauna suite suppose to make you sweat more, but on the other hand people need to keep those suite clean if not the suite could become very smell and discussing. I have seen some member wearing smelly suite inside the sauna. OMG that stink out the whole sauna and make me throw up!!

This post was edited

its been years since i last visited the y it was coed except the locker rooms of course but i don't remember a steam or sauna room, i also don't remember many showering but i did but i'm from the old school of junior and senior high where you showered after sweating. it amazes me alot ofthe youth todaymale and female walking around with their pants below their ass but won't shower with a group such as schools or the y's.

This post was edited