Nude Beach Etiquette

If you've never been to a nudist beach before, here are a few guidelines:
Gawking is impolite. If you want to go to the nudist beach for a thrill, do everyone a favor and buy a magazine instead.

Ask for people's consent before taking their photograph nude.

If you're sunbathing nude in a secluded area, leave a bathing suit on a rock to let others know they are approaching an unclothed person. If you're uncomfortable having your suit out of reach, bring a spare.

On a wide open beach, position yourself in the open so you can see people coming and put something on before they get there if you need to.

Get dressed before you leave the nudist beach.

Be friendly, but respect others' rights to privacy.

Avoid sexual activity. It's illegal and offensive.

Advances of an unwelcome or unwanted nature are not acceptable anywhere, and especially at a nudist beach.

Be Prepared. Sometimes, the nudist beach doesn't have any amenities. Bring water, food, towel, sunscreen and anything else you need.

Keep the nudist beach clean. If you carried it in, carry it back out.

Know what the local law is.

This topic was edited
RE: Nude Beach Etiquette

Agree 100%. Local nudist club has an open house every year, didn't look at calender and went once!

NEVER AGAIN!

Couldn't get near pool, they had 2 close pool for several hours as somebody had a bowel movement in pool , not a kid! One couple got kicked out for having having sex in pool and several guys got kicked out for using camera phones.
Here

My first nudist experience came on a cruise at St. Maartin's Beach and I'll admit for the 1st few minutes I gawked, was all new to me. After those 1st few minutes I came to realize a body is just a body and since then have felt comfortable among nudists. I also am firmly convinced that reason U.S. leads world in sex crimes is our pruidishness towards our bodies. Harry

This post was edited

I agree, outdoors is great!!!

This post was edited
RE: Nude Beach etiquette and a true story

While these all seem to be wonderful stories and I'm sure they would no doubt make it into the Penthouse forum I fail to see how they really relate to nude beach etiquette other than as examples of what not to do...

This post was edited

While these all seem to be wonderful stories and I'm sure they would no doubt make it into the Penthouse forum I fail to see how they really relate to nude beach etiquette other than as examples of what not to do...
That's what I wanted to say! .....but you said it much nicer! LOL

Northwest American Nude Beach Etiquette

This post was edited

These beach etiquette have nothing to see with nudism and should apply to ANY BEACH and to any public location. It is just what we expect from others, nude or not. Would you tolerate peoplehaving sex on a train ? So don't mix sex and nudism once again.
Too many people confuse what's appropriate in public and what's allowed in private. I won't argue that if you own a type of private property that allows you to do anything you want at any time, you can go ahead and do it. May we ALL be so lucky someday.

However, most of us go to areas where nudity is allowed simply to enjoy a day in the sun (or under the clouds) without having to wear clothes. We don't go there to watch people right next to us have sex. If that was what we wanted, we would go somewhere else.

Where nudity is merely TOLERATED, it is vitally important to conduct ourselves properly or risk losing that area forever. The stakes are much higher than some here may think.

This post was edited

I don't like reading about sex and sexuality on a nudist community forum.

This post was edited

Avoid sexual activity. It's illegal and offensive.
This is of course good advice. However, I think it is more accurate to say that sexual activity MAY be offensive, and that is reason enough to avoid it in public. But to say that any and all public sexual activity IS offensive makes a judgement that not all nudists agree with. The point is to be considerate of others. But in all honesty, outdoor sex is pretty hot.
Doesn't matter if you agree with it. The judge at your sex offender sentencing will be happy to fill you in on lewd and lascivious conduct in public.

When in an ideal world, I tend to agree with BicycleNude. Public sex is viewed in subjective terms and there are people that I have spoken with that see it as the way of the world -- it doesn't arouse them to see others and they just tend to ignore or not see it.

When in the real world -- in which we live -- I tend to find public sex to be a no-no. While it is still subjective, the majority view points always create the ethical and moral standards we follow. Most people view this as bad. There is too great a chance for children to view the situation and to create issues.

What separates humans from the rest of the animal world is our ability to control our active and latent urges -- well, most of us. I would like to continue to foster this higher path of thinking.

This post was edited

Common sense and respect for others is a necessary ingredient at any nudist venue

This post was edited

I totally agreewith you CheriDonna. On these forums, we should stick stricklyto the subject. Some contributors seem to suffer verbal diarrhoea, and talk a load of twaddle. This topic is 'Nude Beach Etiquette', and the discussion should be about how we behave responsibly on a public nude beach. Which of course can be totally different to how one would behave on a totally private, and secluded beach that we may have to ourselves. Myself I have always behaved in the exactly the same manner I havealways beenconsiderate to others.

Well said.

This post was edited

For every one in the Western hemisphere summer is almost upon us. Can't wait to get to the beach!

Jen

This post was edited