Last log in dates

When I access the search area and look for people in my area and others within say 25 miles of me and as it did today showed me 60+ people who were members but after the first page of 10 the remainder had not logged into the site for over ayear. If this is the case would it not be more appropriate to remove these profiles???

Tom

This topic was edited
RE:Last log in dates

When I access the search area and look for people in my area and others within say 25 miles of me and as it did today showed me 60+ people who were members but after the first page of 10 the remainder had not logged into the site for over ayear. If this is the case would it not be more appropriate to remove these profiles???Tom

This has been a constant complaint. I don't remember the exact stats, but I think it came down to only about 10-15% of the "members" are actually active and more than half haven't logged in for over a year. It's impossible to check now, because since the upgrade, the "Last login" is not accurate.

John aka cobeachbum

This post was edited

Oddly, I was up late one night BEFORE the site Update and tabulated the number of members by their listed last log in dates. Of the "250,000" profiles advertised literally only 28650 have been accessed in the last 12 months. I thought it was interesting there was a "Last logged in" of both 1 year and 12 months. I am not sure just how they split that hair.
The log in dates go back 6 years. I was working on those profiles that have no picture and those that have no data at all. I am sure if these were eliminated it would open a raft of room for all kinds of interesting things. It would speed up the site and make it easier to fix errors. I suggested such to the "Bug" people. It created a "ticket" and they responded they had answered the ticket. Only thing is, I have no way of accessing the ticket or the answer.
I believe in the adage, If it isn't broken, don't fix it. This site was so much better before the improvements. It had its issues, but they were not so glaring.
And what about the new language? Why "Save" instead of "Submit" I get the feeling the Save go directly into the round file. Please say it isn't so.

This post was edited

I believe in the adage, If it isn't broken, don't fix it. This site was so much better before the improvements. It had its issues, but they were not so glaring.
And what about the new language? Why "Save" instead of "Submit" I get the feeling the Save go directly into the round file. Please say it isn't so.

I also believe in this old adage, the old site was so much easier to get around in!! Easier to find things from a couple of days earlier!! To me this new site is so limited on space!! I know you must try new things, but it would be nice to listen to the paying customers also!! The Chief of Naval Operations listen to the fleet both past and present and restored all the Navy ratings by name!! So we were now back to our rate and not a number!! I preferred the old site over this one ten fold!!!

This post was edited

I have a Windows 8.1 cellphone. When I click the link in the email notification it brings me to the cellphone formatted web page. That page lacks an indicator that there are unread messages or friend requests. If you click the icons for the messages or friend requests you will see the messages or requests.

Bob

This post was edited

... I don't remember the exact stats, but I think it came down to only about 10-15% of the "members" are actually active and more than half haven't logged in for over a year. It's impossible to check now, because since the upgrade, the "Last login" is not accurate.John aka cobeachbum

The accuracy is even worse since the 'upgrade', on one thread that I just accessed I noted that I'd been a member of TN for 5009 years! Can I now claim to have been the longest practicing nudist on TN? Or has someone else clocked up more naked time?!

On a positive note the 'Edit' function for posts now works for me.

This post was edited

I honestly would love it if they removed profiles that haven't been on for like 4-5 + years...i mean if they haven't been on this long...why take up space.

I think the reason is that the more members listed as on this site means it will have a higher value if the site is sold at a later date.

This post was edited

I honestly would love it if they removed profiles that haven't been on for like 4-5 + years...i mean if they haven't been on this long...why take up space.

I agree and have mentioned this to TT 1 in the past but to no avail. I believe that they just want the numbers to make the site appear more attractive. If they don't want to delete the real people who haven't logged in for say 3 years, at least they should drop the profiles that are completely blank. These non-people are really only taking up space. I don't know a lot about computers but this could open up space for more meaningful subjects.

This post was edited

I honestly would love it if they removed profiles that haven't been on for like 4-5 + years...i mean if they haven't been on this long...why take up space.I agree and have mentioned this to TT 1 in the past but to no avail. I believe that they just want the numbers to make the site appear more attractive. If they don't want to delete the real people who haven't logged in for say 3 years, at least they should drop the profiles that are completely blank. These non-people are really only taking up space. I don't know a lot about computers but this could open up space for more meaningful subjects.

Remember one photo of 3mb most likely take up the same storage space on the server as 100 blank profiles. So in your case your profile photos could take up the same space as 17,200 blank profiles, and if you have any more in groups will take up more server space.

This post was edited