Hair and it is not what you think

No this is not another post about pubes and shaving so you can breathe a sigh of relief.

What are your thoughts about dyeing what is topside? I am talking both on top and facial hair?

I do not myself, what is on top in thin and at age 56 shows very little grey, just brown. My goatee and stache show some grey but it does not bother me. I figure whatever color it is , is fine by me considering my dad was bald in his 20s and my younger brother has lost most of his. I see men much younger than me with a full head of grey hair and it looks fine to me.

But the other day I saw a guy who was a few years older than me and his hair was almost black and uniformly so. No hint of grey even at the temples. I immediately knew this guy dyes and it looked like it. Then I saw him next to his 40 year old son who has the same dark color hair, but has some grey at the temples. That made the Dad's bad dye job stand out even more.

Anyone else think a guy should just let the hair topside go whatever color it wants ?

This topic was edited
RE:Hair and it is not what you think

I'm in the "let it do what it wants" camp, but admittedly mine is behaving itself. I've always been blond, so the grey doesn't really stand out and my spouse thinks it looks good. Obvious dye jobs like the one you mentioned hint of some insecurity, so they don't give the impression the owner is probably looking for.

I do wonder, though, what would be the response to someone going for something modern - blue, pink, or some other shocking color. That was my first thought on reading the title to this thread, and that type of color could be fun!

This post was edited

When my hair was a streaky brown/blond, moustache brown, and beard red, I experimented with dyeing it all, just to simplify the color scheme so I could wear more colors. I tried henna and bottle-brown. But facial hair grows so fast it was too much trouble to keep up. I'm grateful to have settled into a white & grey color scheme for hair and beard. I can have fun with bright blue and green and purple shirts and bandanas, and the colors work OK.

This post was edited

I thought about it, and I fact experimented with "Just for Man" about 7 years ago when the first few gray hairs showed up. After some deep thinking I've decided to show off my gray hairs with pride for after almost 20 years working for Uncle Sam (I'm retiring next Summer) and raising a son all by myself I think I've earned everyone of them and I'm gonna show them with pride :-) Hawk.

This post was edited

I've been quite lucky in the hair on my head department. I was mostly black until about 3 years ago. According to my wife and all our female friends, textile and nudist, they hate that I have greyed naturally as if I had had it done professionally. The one thing I thought about using Just for Men on was my mustache. It's leaped ahead of my head hair in the white department ... it's almost all white now. My wife nixed that idea and said ... "leave it alone ... the leave the hair on your head alone as well." :D

This post was edited

I'm fortunate and have a full head of hair. My beard is now very gray but the hair on my head is more pepper than salt. I was dying the beard professionally a few years ago but gave up with the time, effort and money.

When I first read the Subject I also thought we were talking about dying pubic hair. LOL.

This post was edited

I have a nearly full head of hair with a medium sized (so my wife assures me) bald spot in the back at the crown. I am completely white except for red highlights along the fringe at the back. My beard and mustache are also white with darker areas at the sides. My wife says she LOVES the way my hair is and even so, I'm not a "dyer."

This post was edited

There is a hair salons nmhere f you bye your hair they have what's called a Betty so you can dye your pubs to match

This post was edited

Yes, let it go natural. Most dye jobs look dyed.

This post was edited

You aren't fooling anybody with dyed hair. Most people can tell immediately, and I have let nature take it's course. That means there is less hair to take care of, and natural is certainly less expensive. Even my wife, who has gone white, likes her new and easier look.

This post was edited

Let the hair go natural. There is nothing more silly looking than a 50-60-70 + year old man with dark hair. If they think they are fooling anyone, they are delusional. My hair is mixed- probably more grey/silver, and I am proud of every white hair I have- I have earned every one of them.

This post was edited