RE:Promoting the Nudist Life Style.

That is impressive!

This post was edited

That is impressive!

That's what I say every time I look in the mirror.

This post was edited

I believe that we nudists need to do more to promote the nudist life style. Do you agree with this and do you have any suggestions to help make this happen?

In response to the original questions for this thread, I would agree that more is needed to promote nudism and naturism for that matter; in my mind this would be something for TNS and AANR to really go out and do through different ad campaigns and things of that nature. I guess I also see this as being somewhat on the clubs and resorts to, although maybe to the extent of they would want to advertise to get more business, and then relying on TNS and/or AANR to help educate people on what they are about.

I know this isn't completely happening, but this is what I think could or should be maybe with a little more effort then we see today.

On another front (and this is something I honestly feel I need to get better about doing) as someone who goes to clubs/resorts. I think we or those of us who are nudist and/or naturists we to should be more open about our interests or participation. Now I don't think we should be out pushing cause (so to speak) or anything like that; but even just telling someone if they ask why you went to a certain camp site or beach. I mean if they ask where you went one weekend and you answer Valley View and the follow up is why haven't they heard of it, chances are they didn't because its a nudist club.

I've even taken to wearing a shirt I got from a naked car show; so where I am going is that we can promote nudism without forcing it on anyone and honestly that might be the best way of making our case.

This post was edited

I have to confess that I am not a member of AANR or TNS and should be to increase not only the awareness of nudism, but to lobby for more open venues that at a minimum should be clothing optional such as beaches, pools, and parks. Even if these places were open during specific hours it would be an improvement. There could be benefit with more World Naked Bike Rides, especially if held in locations other than major cities.

This post was edited

I posted this under another topic, but it fits here as well.

We need to somehow get the media to delineate in the public mindset the non-sexual nudists from the popular image. At the same time we need an icon that can be made into pins or labels that can be displayed like other icons used for support of breast cancer, gays, etc.

The number of nudists that belong to organizations or web sites may be the snowball on top of the iceberg. With some symbol we can wear in public, maybe we can get a better measure of how many nudists and nudist supporters there are.

Bob

This post was edited