RE:Nudity and towels - Nonpublic settings

i have thought about this "which side up" issue before. my plan, should i ever open my own nudist B&B, would be to offer guests a two-toned towel, one side darker than the other. say blue: light blue on one side and dark blue on on the other. (wouldn't work so well with black, of course.) then each person would be on for remembering which side for them is "up" and which side is "down." were there more nudists who needed such a solution, there would be a market for such towels i would think.

This post was edited

Not usually at home - everything is either leather or has sheets on them so those things clean.

It is common protocol when elsewhere to sit on one though - not everything is as easy to clean as a leather couch!

This post was edited

Body oils can present quite a cleaning problem over time! I recently had some wood floors refinished, and the floor guy told me we should never walk on the wood floors barefoot!!! He said over time oils from our feet would dull the finish and even cause it to wear out sooner. So now I am "naked-with-socks" and always grab a towel before sitting naked - on the floor!

This post was edited

Love to have hard wood floors. We currently have tile floors and carpet. I'm barefoot almost always ... even when we have guests. I only wish we had taken the Asian/Polynesian path with regards to removing your shoes before entering our home. With young grandkids ... removing their shoes could be detrimental to ones olfactory receptors! LOL

I think I would still go barefoot even with hardwood floors and still sit naked on the floor without a towel ... but I don't even sit naked on our tile floors ... too hard and too cold! We are frequently sitting naked on the carpeted floors. As I type this, the carpets are getting their bi annual cleaning. We had some of the upholstered furniture, that is sat on most of the time, cleaned yesterday ... even though we always sit on towels on all our furniture, when we are naked.

;-)

This post was edited

We always use towels in our home or anyone else's. If we are sitting on the deck benches right after hottubing I wouldn't say a word. It's just the right thing to do. I do leave towels on a few chairs too.

This post was edited

I rarely use a towel around the house since I shower after getting home from work. Also, after using the restroom I use a flushable wet wipe, possibly one of the greatest things a nudist can buy.

This post was edited

I rarely use a towel around the house since I shower after getting home from work. Also, after using the restroom I use a flushable wet wipe, possibly one of the greatest things a nudist can buy.

No they are not!
Waste Management in our region has pleaded with the public on all levels of public media to stop flashing these so called flushable wipes down the toilets. They do not break down like normal tp and could and had plugged up the system. If your drain pipes get plugged and the city has to come down and fix. That's your expense baby. When the system gets plugged at the waste management station that's the city expense ie your taxes at work. They could easily same a million/year if you ONLY flushed your human waste and normal tp. Not even scrap food.
Trust me, I know from personal experience. It's expensive.

This post was edited

The cat steps out of the litter box and jumps up onto the furniture and proceeds to lick herself clean. The dog comes in from outside and does the same, so I am not that particular.

This post was edited

Our club had to shut down an entire restroom / shower house last week for a major septic system issue. Guess what the cause was?? Flushable wet wipes. It was a busy club weekend and it caused a lot of inconvenience for visitors and a huge expense for the club to correct.
Good gawd Management was let's say less than happy.

This post was edited

Hey Rock ... does your club provide flushable wipes in the bathrooms or is this because members are taking their own it the toilets to use?

I get that flushable wipes do not break down as easily or as quickly as toilet paper but for clubs to blame those issue entirely on flushable wipes is not really the whole truth. We've visited countless clubs and older resorts that have "plumbing issues." "Flush as you go," "Only toilet paper, sensitive system," "flush twice," are just a few of the signs posted on the inside of toilet stall walls. I truly doubt that with some of these clubs/resorts that their sewer systems are old, inadequate and fragile, that the flushable wipes are entirely to blame. :-)

This post was edited