Nudity and towels - Nonpublic settings

So I believe I understand about using towels in public settings like beaches and resorts including the reason behind the rule. I am curious about in "private" social setting such as visiting a friends house or being invited to another naturists house for dinner/swim/etc. Would you take a towel to sit on? For that matter do you use one around your house? I have read comments about people getting visitors and after telling them about being nudist proceed to get comfortable in some cases with the visitor choosing to join this unplanned for state of "dress". Does sitting on towels come into play here too? I very interested in what the experienced long time nudists have done/do or experienced when visiting (not to discourage comments by newer nudists I welcome your opinions too just wanting to be clear I want experiences not just opinions).

This topic was edited
RE:Nudity and towels - Nonpublic settings

When I was in college, I became friends with the nude model in my art class. I visited her and her boyfriend's house and they did not use towels in their home or in their travels. I, on the other hand, would bring a towel regardless. Now that I'm more mature (age-wise), I wouldn't be caught without one... Think about it; have you ever come home from work after a long day, slipped off those tidy whites and become surprised... where the heck did that come from? Well, I don't want to embarrased -- take a towel. (smile)

(Edited) -- have a guest towel available for unexpected guests.

This post was edited

I use a towel when sitting inside or outside. On the couch, I use a sheet to keep my body oil off of the fabric. Towels and sheets are easier to wash than chairs and couches.

This post was edited

We don't use towels when it's just us at home. There are a couple of Indian spreads folded up like cushions on couches in the living room and the lanai, which we will sometimes deploy when napping or with company.

This post was edited

Towels are mandatory for good hygiene and good nudist etiquette. Always take one wherever you go at minimum as a courtesy and sign of respect for your host. Have nice fresh towels available for guests you have to your home as well.

This post was edited

I always sit on a towel at home, even if I've literally just had a shower.

I don't expect visitors to bring a towel to sit on (and I don't think one ever has). I provide towels for visitors.

This post was edited

As you say in public venues a towel, wrap or other cloth is the etiquette for hygiene. When at home I don't use a towel and have had no mishaps. I do provide towels for nudist visitors (and then use one myself) so they need have no concerns. When visiting other nudists they usually provide a towel to sit on. Otherwise I use the Tee shirt I've just taken off. BTW it is only nudist who sit on towels. When in a hotel have you wondered if a textile has sat naked on the furniture the night before.

This post was edited

I always use a towel at home and when I visit friends they have towels available for visitors as do I.

This post was edited

I always use a towel and have towels ready for guests.

This post was edited

We always use towels to sit on, weather at home or away, inside or out. The only time I don't usually use a towel is when sitting on the concrete at the edge of the pool, but sometimes I do use a towel.

This post was edited

We call the towel I'm using at the time, my "nudie towel." I always sit on one with an exception, if just out of the shower. At that point, I'm cleaner than the surface upon which I'm sitting.

This post was edited