Troubling nudity trend in Germany

It's reported that nudity is on the decrease in Germany. Facebook is blamed because nudist groups can't share nude photos there which reinforces the US shame of the naked body.

Read this article

If the Germans lose the right to be naked as much as they have been used to, its a bleak world ahead.

This topic was edited
RE:Troubling nudity trend in Germany

Facebook is falling into line with the right wing christian churches (which I believe are anything BUT christian) and the US love of litigation. It has become a VERY sick society. Yet there are many wonderful American and I have many friends from that country.

This post was edited

Facebook is falling into line with the right wing christian churches (which I believe are anything BUT christian) and the US love of litigation. It has become a VERY sick society. Yet there are many wonderful American and I have many friends from that country.

I've got news for you- It isn't the right wing or churches causing the decline, nor the growing disdain among the young people about innocent nudity. It's media and television.

First of all, on US television, it is now perfectly acceptable to show the most gruesome bloody murders, sexual acts, body dismembering, splattering of brains, you name it- all during prime time. However, there are great penalties for a single nipple to be shown. This is further enforced in young minds by parents that over-react to even the slightest nudity in print or television.

As for our lawmakers, it has been the LEFT that has passed anti-nudity laws, not the right. Here in California, the left (mostly democrats) have voted down our traditionally nudist areas like the American River. The right hasn't squelched the innocent nudity, it is the LEFT.

The most left of the left coast in San Francisco banned nudity last year, it wasn't the right. The most liberal of liberal universitys, UC Berkeley has banned nudity. Right wingers don't care, but the left seems to be on a crusade to ban all nudity, even innocent.

The far-right doesn't care about nudity, as long as nobody is harmed. That's the facts.

This post was edited

Oh, and while we're at it.... Some churches have no problem with innocent nudity. For example, the Baptists (the real ones, not the ones from San Francisco or L.A.), the 7th Day Adventists (you can even be baptized nude if you wish, that's how Jesus was baptized).

Seems like the Godless liberals are more against nudity than the right wing churches.

Catholics don't count as right-wing anymore. The catholics went off the rails years ago and doesn't look like they will ever recover. The Episcopalians and the Methodists are in even worse shape.

This post was edited

In my experience it is the right wing conservatives that I know that are more uptight about nudity and what is acceptable and want to tell society what they should and should not do while those that I know with more moderate to left are the ones that have no issue unless it hurts someone.

This post was edited

Forget Facebook, forget the church, forget to divide the world into "left" and "right"... in my opinion there are other reasons why a single person wants to follow a trend/lifestyle or not: gender - age - cultural background.

And please believe me whatever you may think of us: the majority of Germans do not go naked to work ;-)

This post was edited

Maybe because we have such a big beach culture in Australia, the young people are wearing less and less on the beach and walking the streets. Thank god we are not following every American trend.

This post was edited

I think another issue is the immigration of large numbers of Muslims, and the German government's attempts to keep them from being offended by nudity. There is a resort lake, I believe, where an immigrant center was built, and the nudists who have used the lake nude for over 100 years were told to cover up to avoid offending the immigrants. This is happening in other parts of the EU as well, and could be contributing to the uprising against immigrants and movements to elect more nationalist, anti-immigrant and anti EU leaders. Not sure how that will turn out.

This post was edited

I think it is more complicated than left vs right - in the USA.

In Europe, I think the decline is very much tied to Muslim immigration. The governments in Europe seem bent on accommodating and not offending the migrants - at the expense of their own citizens & culture. Islam has very clear and strong teachings against nudity, so the incoming people both have that culture and push that culture on others. And now it's reached the point where Muslims are holding positions of political power and influence. Bye bye traditional nudity.

In the USA the "right" ("conservative" "Christians") have a strong bent against sexual immorality, and nudity = sex, so nudity is bad. From the "left" there is a strong desire to "protect" and not "offend", and nudity (especially male nudity) is seen a sexually aggressive and that is something we just can't have. Yes, the "right" has a libertarian - let people do what they want - wing, and the "left" has a nature & Gaia and tolerate people who are different wing. But those wings aren't nearly as strong & influential as the the power grabbing, controlling wings.

This post was edited

It the right that banned nudity and even the idea of nudism in the entire state of Arkansas. It the techies in SF, who are right wingers that destroyed nudity in SF. It's perverts at the American River that's killing nudity there. Educate yourself, it's lacking.

You are mistaken on all points.

I am very active in the push to reopen the American River area, and have attended meetings with the state lawmakers and have lunched with lobbyists. Twenty bucks says I know a lot more about the issue than you.

I attended the meetings to speak against the blanket nudity ban in San Francisco. Were you there? I met the city council members who voted for that ban, have you? I happen to know they are all liberals, how did you come to the erroneous conclusion that they are conservatives?

You claim that techies in SF are right-wingers. How is that so? The vast majority support and embrace leftist causes and those who are registered to vote almost exclusively supported Clinton in 2016, according to every San Francisco Chronicle poll ever conducted..

It appears it is YOU who needs to get educated.

I am a life-long nudist, Libertarian, and recently became a naturism activist. I find your assumption that this new wave of anti-naturism comes from the left quite offensive to our cause. Before you can win a battle, you first must identify who your opponent is. For this latest round of battles, our opponents have been exclusively from the left. Your education has begun.

This post was edited

Could not agree more, just a matter of time before the nude beaches, lakes and mixed gender sauna's (In Germany also FKK) will slowly disappear. In The Netherlands at some beaches girls/ women do not go topless anymore!!

I think it is more complicated than left vs right - in the USA.In Europe, I think the decline is very much tied to Muslim immigration. The governments in Europe seem bent on accommodating and not offending the migrants - at the expense of their own citizens & culture. Islam has very clear and strong teachings against nudity, so the incoming people both have that culture and push that culture on others. And now it's reached the point where Muslims are holding positions of political power and influence. Bye bye traditional nudity.In the USA the "right" ("conservative" "Christians") have a strong bent against sexual immorality, and nudity = sex, so nudity is bad. From the "left" there is a strong desire to "protect" and not "offend", and nudity (especially male nudity) is seen a sexually aggressive and that is something we just can't have. Yes, the "right" has a libertarian - let people do what they want - wing, and the "left" has a nature & Gaia and tolerate people who are different wing. But those wings aren't nearly as strong & influential as the the power grabbing, controlling wings.

This post was edited