RE:Deciding on our first nakation

Any good recommendations for a western north American resort? Especially for a spouse who needs to gently ease into it?

I've heard good things about Laguna del Sol outside Sacramento. Pricey but accommodating, particularly for first-timers. But I don't think they're admitting anyone but members now due to the Covid Pandemic. So call first.

There's also Harbin Hot Springs Retreat, north of Santa Rosa. Again, Covid may be limiting their accessibility to outsiders. They were pretty well burned out in wildfires a couple of years ago, but they're rebuilding, and much of it is again open for business.

This post was edited

Thanks. Will keep those in mind.

This post was edited

Any good recommendations for a western north American resort? Especially for a spouse who needs to gently ease into it?

I've heard good things about Laguna del Sol outside Sacramento. Pricey but accommodating, particularly for first-timers. But I don't think they're admitting anyone but members now due to the Covid Pandemic. So call first.There's also Harbin Hot Springs Retreat, north of Santa Rosa. Again, Covid may be limiting their accessibility to outsiders. They were pretty well burned out in wildfires a couple of years ago, but they're rebuilding, and much of it is again open for business.

I'd second Laguna. It is very nice. I'd be surprised if they are still admitting only members, since we've been getting their emails and we aren't members. We have, however been there several times. Back in June Cypress Cove and Lake Como were only taking reservations if you had been there before, so we were able to make reservations for our Labor Day vacation when our cruise fell through. Unfortunately, here in MA if you leave you have to quarantine when you get back, so now we are just spending 4 nights over the long weekend at a local camp instead.

This post was edited

Do take a look at Desert Sun in Palm Springs. Super nice.

This post was edited