Reading habits

I read two or three books at the same time, not always the same subject or genre.

This topic was edited
RE:Reading habits

I usually keep several going at once. Right now, I'm reading Flying magazine as my actual hardcopy read, on the Kindle I'm reading Jester's Fortune by Dewey Lambdin, my phone has "Submarine and Anti-submarine" by Sir Henry John Newbolt, I have an audiobook working for my commute (Seven Wives and Seven Prisons, by L. A. Abbot), and my bedside book currently is "The Best of the GCA Journal", vol. 6.

As you might guess from that list, I have a wide-ranging set of interests, primarily around science fiction, historical fiction, history, flying and firearms. Nudism is in that mix, also :-). I get most of my audiobooks from Librivox.org, and Project Gutenberg has loads of older books available for download - I check their new arrivals regularly to see what looks interesting.

This post was edited

i generally try to only have one book at a time going, and try to switch genres between books. even when I discover a new author who I very much enjoy I normally do not read his os her books back to back. I find I enjoy them more with space between them.

This post was edited

I wish I had your restraint! When I find an author I enjoy, I read everything I can find by said author! Sometimes have multiples going but they have to be different in subject matter.

This post was edited

I, too need the books to be different settings/time periods/genres to keep them separate in my head; at one time, I had 4 books/audiobooks running at the same time though I prefer one at a time more.

This post was edited