Lewd comments on photos

What's up with people thinking it's okay to comment rude or sexual things on peoples photos? The number of people that I have seen leave this site because of the pervs commenting on their bodies or making sexual comments is really sad. This is supposed to be a place where people can be themselves and express their love of naturism without being sexualized by pervs just looking to get off. When a woman posts a picture, she doesn't want somebody commenting on her breasts, that will drive her away and give her a negative perception of the nudist community if she is new to the lifestyle. When I post a picture, I don't want someone commenting on my penis. What makes people think this is okay and how can we convince them to stop. If you want to sexualize an image, there are plenty of sites out there that are intended for that. General rule here, if you wouldn't say it to someone that you were chatting with in the supermarket, don't say it here!

This topic was edited
RE:Lewd comments on photos

I agree, the commenter could be blocked and the comment removed, but the point remains that inappropriate comments like that could drive people away that are new to the lifestyle if they are posted in the first place.

This post was edited

That is one of the many downfalls of this site and I'm sad to say that as much as I enjoy chatting here (there are a lot of good folks) I have never, and likely will never, recommended this site to anyone. Some members try to keep things on track but without support from the site's owners it's an uphill battle. Luckily, I was already a seasoned naturist when I started coming to this site because had this been my introduction I would have walked away. :-(

This post was edited

Folks attitudes (forums) and chat lines on the web often show no respect. If they were face to face with others, such comments would not be. They can say whatever without fear of someone finding them! Many faults on this site but we return to see if changes happen for the better. The idea of owning a site=scary. Just one's shout out.

This post was edited

thats bcuz many stupid people identifies nudism with sex, cannot avoid it,s plenty of asholes and pervs out there, simply erase the comment and forget the imbcil with the brain hunging between his legs.-

This post was edited

Had a conversation with an older lady last night who strongly agrees that civility is long dead in real world USA. People generally do not say 'please', 'thank you', or anything close to being civil.
Many civil people here are taken advantage of and have no interest in crude and uncivil conversation about anything. Heck, most people can not seem to even be able to carry a conversation about anything but the simplest things.
Sad, and at least in the USA 'it' is all about the m.o.n.e.y. Civility and manners just do not matter anymore.

This post was edited

Had a conversation with an older lady last night who strongly agrees that civility is long dead in real world USA. People generally do not say 'please', 'thank you', or anything close to being civil.Many civil people here are taken advantage of and have no interest in crude and uncivil conversation about anything. Heck, most people can not seem to even be able to carry a conversation about anything but the simplest things.Sad, and at least in the USA 'it' is all about the m.o.n.e.y. Civility and manners just do not matter anymore.

Don't know about New York, but here in Southern California we have civil conversations regularly. Everyone I know says
please, thank you, excuse me, etc.

This post was edited

A better question would be why the subject of the photo allows the comments to remain. They can be deleted, the commenter blocked.

AMEN ! ! !

This post was edited

Had a conversation with an older lady last night who strongly agrees that civility is long dead in real world USA. People generally do not say 'please', 'thank you', or anything close to being civil.Many civil people here are taken advantage of and have no interest in crude and uncivil conversation about anything. Heck, most people can not seem to even be able to carry a conversation about anything but the simplest things.Sad, and at least in the USA 'it' is all about the m.o.n.e.y. Civility and manners just do not matter anymore.Don't know about New York, but here in Southern California we have civil conversations regularly. Everyone I know saysplease, thank you, excuse me, etc.

New York and California are like water and vinegar. New Yorkers tend to be blunt, direct, and mean what they say and say what they mean. In CA people use beautiful sounding words that actually have no meaning. For example, virtually no one will say NO in CA because the word NO is considered to be negative. Instead, people will say YES to meeting at some place (as an example) and then never show up. CA is the land of image and NY is the land of substance. In CA people will almost immediately ask for your first name and then act as if you are their 'friend'. In NY no one will ask for your first name unless there is a good reason to do so and no one will act as if you are their friend unless it is genuine.

This post was edited

Interesting. On CBS Sunday Morning (Jane Paulie) this morning, they ran a piece on "Internet Shaming." Although not directly related to this topic, it discusses the disconnect between people due to the digital medium, allowing many to objectify a person and say things they would never have the audacity to say to a person - to their face. It's a form of cyber-bullying where flash mobs may actually make people fear for their lives, as they unjustly pursue someone.

It's worth a look: https://www.cbsnews.com/videos/topics/sunday-morning/

08/20 episode

This post was edited

Blaming the victim?

This post was edited