First Visit to Orient Beach at Yellow Umbrellas

Was on a cruise ship the end of May and we spent the day at St Maarten/Martin. Actually wife and I went by taxi to Club Orient beach early in the morning and had our chair/umbrella staked out by about 9:00. It was my wife's first time (in the open) nude and honestly surprised me. She said she would go but hadn't agreed to get out of her suit. Within about 20 minutes of being their, she stripped it off and said she might as well be like everyone else. YAY! I had stripped off my suit within about 10 feet of getting out of the taxi over by Pedro's. :)

The day was great although the sun was extremely bright and hot. We lathered on the SPF-50 sun cream but not enough as some areas got a bit red by noon - particularly on my wife who had no experience with having those areas exposed at all. My shoulders and chest got pretty hot as well but at least I did have some experience already and had a head start on getting some tan rather than burn.

The Club Orient beach is fabulous and we will be going again - in fact wife has said many times now that we need to be looking at more cruises that will stop at Phillipsburg St Maartin so we can taxi over to St Martin and Club Orient's beach. Oh yeah! Factual update here - we booked a cruise for Feb 2018 that will indeed stop there for 11 hours - time for a nice visit to Club Orient. I would love to do a week's visit to Club Orient but she isn't quite ready for that - so she says. Maybe that will change over the next few months.

This topic was edited
RE:First Visit to Orient Beach at Yellow Umbrellas

Head over to Orient Beach again in February. That might be just what it takes to plan a week at Club Orient! Our first two trips to Club Orient were long weekends - 3 nights. Way too short. Our third trip was for a week, but that still wasn't long enough!

This post was edited
RE:First Visit to Orient Beach at Yellow Umbrellas

Glad to hear your first trip to Club O was a success. We started staying at Club O for one night, then two and then more. It took a while, but it's such a great place to unwind. Feb will be our 15 th trip.

This post was edited